This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miltek Exhaust

Does anyone know whether the new Miltek exhaust full system will effect the MOT in three years??
    Will We need to remove it for the MOT and replace the original. :?
    Also hello all. Hope to chat to you all soon as i am a new member to this forum. Love what you are doing here. Keep up the good work.
    MikeanicVXR

I think it is very unlikely to affect the MOT. I had a Vectra B with a full system including a 100 cell cat and it sailed through every year. I understand that it conforms to all the emission regs etc, I am sure VXL would sell it if it did'nt (even though it does say not for road use). Why not call they direct as they are very helpful and I am sur ethey will give you a honest opinion.

Comment

We have been useing and suppling Milltek for quite a while now, they are fantastic systems. Once the car is registered you do not need the pre cat, The main cat Milltek use is an HJS 200 cell metalic sports cat, this is more than capable of passing an MOT. We have many Astra G's running this set up and as yet I have never heard of a car having problems with MOT.
      sigpic
      29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

I believe the Not for road use statement was made in advance of full testing for Sound more than anything else, the sites and advertising have not yet been updated following the testing which clears the systems for road use.
        Sounds the biz and helps the performance

Comment

and im booked in for Tuesday with TMS for the full system

Comment

The 'not for road use' on the Vxl site was in error and its now been removed. The Milltek Sport full system is fully road legal (for noise and emissions) and you will not need to replace it come MOT time.
            It also comes with lifetime warranty* to if it goes wrong in 10 years time we just give a new one
            *applies to original owner

Comment

what about the warranty it must effect that ? ran my vxr in now done 1000k in one month had it since 2nd feb in arden blue with 19s ,now thinking about a dump valve and air filter first, then a full system, but not sure because it mite affect the warranty ?

Comment

You're warranty is unaffected (its essentially picked up by Milltek/TMS on their behalf). Dump valve and airfilters on the other hand.........

Comment

S/S Exhaust Hmmmmm !!!
                  Did not know it was an option etc at point of sale so to speak, although i have now found it on the options list.
                  Ok here is the problem, i assume that this option refers to the miltek cat back system ???
                  The £ also seems the same so no diff in having it done initially i guess ???
                  Or is it worth having it straight away & then upgrade by changing the cats and front decat later to full system.
                  Why is there not a reduction in £ to have it fitted from new ???
                  Also the full system, are they totally legal and not too loud ???
                  Please advise & thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Turbowayne
                    S/S Exhaust Hmmmmm !!!
                    Did not know it was an option etc at point of sale so to speak, although i have now found it on the options list.
                    Ok here is the problem, i assume that this option refers to the miltek cat back system ???
                    The £ also seems the same so no diff in having it done initially i guess ???
                    Or is it worth having it straight away & then upgrade by changing the cats and front decat later to full system.
                    Why is there not a reduction in £ to have it fitted from new ???
                    Also the full system, are they totally legal and not too loud ???
                    Please advise & thanx
                    If you PM the nice gentleman above Mr Thorn he can answer all your questions properly or visit www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk .... go for the full Milltek system if you can, its fantastic Then there's the engine re-map to go with it.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Gotta ask the typical "newbie" questions so...
                      Whats the difference with the two Milltek Systems that Thorney supply - ie the cheaper cat back version and the more expensive full system including Sports cat with relation to BHP increase and also do they have any significant effect on the mpg - not that it matters

Comment

cat back is more for the exhaust note
                        no real power gains but it has been said small improvement in throttle response, does sounds nice
                        full system 15 -18 bhp, improved throttle response and a much nicer note (louder) than the cat back, fuel economy, no differnece did i notice, all comes down to my driving habits lol

Comment

Cat back = nicer sound small gain in BHP. Full system gets rid of the pre cat, not a legal requirement once the car is registered, and the main cat is a 200 cell per inch unit for better flow, also when you fit the Milltek sports cat the rear flange is 62mm internal diameter not 52mm of the standard OE cat with this in place the stepped reducer sleeve in the cat back system has to be removed making the whole system 62mm internal diameter, you then have much better flow. This increase in area represents over 30% increase in size. On our dyno with a standard car (i.e. standard map) we are typically seeing a 12-14 bhp increase and much better response. On my car during development which was remapped we saw a 17 bhp increase, from the full system.
                          sigpic

Comment

Has anyone looked at/is it possible to remove the precat and then just get the std Cat Back system?
                            Wonder what gains that would give?
                            Jonathan

Comment

We have tried this, the difference on the standard car is small.. only a few of BHP. This is due to the fact that on the standard car the main cat is not the greatest restriction, also the increase in flow though the larger coupling section is not quite so important as when the car is not mapped. On a mapped car the greater flow of the sports cat and the improvement on the rear coupling comes into its own and your will see greater BHP gains (around 6-7 ish). This follows also what we saw on the Astra G.
                              The exhaust in order of importance from a power point of view is, front pipe, this allows a greater pressure drop across the turbo for quicker spool up, its also allows heat away from the turbo. This keeps EGT's (exhaust gas temperature) down, so consequently cylinder temps will be lowerand therefor more power, the turbo is happier for not having to push against this "brick" in the front pipe. Then the cat back system, then finaly the main cat.
                              Hope this helps
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X