Clear All

• Size Matters but does weight

Wheel and Tyre Specs and Weights
    8x18 VXR Performance Centre Wheels 20.5 KG
    7x17 Standard SRi 5 Spoke 21.35KG
    8x18 VXR Standard Wheel 22.25KG
    7.5x18 5 Spoke SRi Wheel 21.45KG
    8x19 VXR Upgrade Wheel 23.55KG

What's the variation of the tyres on these wheels. If I recall from years gone, the weight of the wheel only on the Vectra B GSI (Facelifted) was 10.4 KG, but combied I am sure the combined only came in at 18Kg at tops. It would be interesting to see the wheels on their own, without the tyres.

Comment

unfortunatly it isnt practical for us to strip each wheel down and weigh it individually, we also have to work with particular combinations of wheel and tyre for suspension development, so it is of little use as an individual component weight in this instance.

Comment

Sorry take your point, although this is in the Astra forum I was looking at the relationship for unsprung weight etc, baring in mind I have a Vectra and the tyre variation is slightly different from 18 to 19.

Comment

Wow, I didn't think of that.

Comment

My new wheels with tyres will be 18KG a corner woot 17kg off the cars total weight that will help the bhp/ton figure
            Andy

Comment

Excellent more to the point it will help the suspension, 4 kg off each corner, try bouncing 4 kg up and down have fun.

Comment

Got them on now

I know some wont like them but i well pleased They are OZ Ultra legerras in Matt Graphite combined weight with tyre is 18KG per rim.
                Andy

Comment

Now that just *screams* for a big brake kit :P

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                    Now that just *screams* for a big brake kit :P
                    Know anyone who sells them ?
                    :P
                    Andy

Comment

I'm quite obsessed when it comes to losing weight, always take the spare wheel out and car jack etc.
                      all thats left in mine is the tow bar link, just in case it breaks down and needs towing.
                      headrests on the back seats can be surprisingly heavy so they often go too.

Comment

Originally posted by too-fast
                        Got them on now

I know some wont like them but i well pleased They are OZ Ultra legerras in Matt Graphite combined weight with tyre is 18KG per rim.
                        Andy
                        What is the weight 8x19 VXR Wheel with tire (at the top it says 8x19 VXR Upgrade Wheel 23.55KG I suppose without tire)? Do you feel the diffrence with your new combination?

Comment

ok so going on what dougie has said as the OP and using these 2 resources, you can see how much your saving when using TD Pro Race 1.2
                          http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...40&diameter=18

http://www.rimstock.co.uk/rimstockuk...o%20Race%201.2

wheel:
                          8.0 x 18 = 9.0kgs (19.8lbs)

tyre:
                          225 x 40 x18 9.9kg (22lbs)

so thats 18.9 kgs. VX stock VXR are 22.25kg. thats a saving of approx 3.3kg per corner. so 13kg over all! bargain!

Comment

smart wheels!!! how much?

i was a sucker and went for the big wheels look ace about it

Comment

Originally posted by phatlaz View Post
                              I'm quite obsessed when it comes to losing weight, always take the spare wheel out and car jack etc.
                              all thats left in mine is the tow bar link, just in case it breaks down and needs towing.
                              headrests on the back seats can be surprisingly heavy so they often go too.
                              lol back seats aswell? take the aircon off if you dont use it

Comment

Working...
                              X