X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wardy
    replied
    Its always best to run it by your dealer just to be sure, but I would think you should be ok. I took my rocker cover and timing belt cover off to paint them ( red ) after only 300 miles, , just check you have'nt damaged the rubber gasket before refitting , I use plastikote super enamel.

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    managed to source a spare cross over pipe and throttle housing, but only got an old type eco tech rocker cover. basically the same but slightly different for the vxr coil pack.

im gonna take it into work and see if i can mod the old rocker cover to take the vxr coil pack, that way i'll have all my standard bits to go back on if anything happens :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Dazturbo6502
    replied
    The only things that they say affects warranty is modifications to the 'Powertrain' Fitting silicone hoses etc cannot void the warranty

Leave a comment:

• M40COO
    replied
    If you're really concerned...ask your dealer to fit it !

Leave a comment:

• regalvxr
    replied
    depends how fussy ur dealer is i spose mine wouldnt mind

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    replied
    yeah but it means physically taking part of the engine apart. taking the rocker cover off is exposing the inside of the engine.

say for example my engine siezes (sp) and they see that i have taken my rocker cover off. they may say that it is void because ive tampered with it.

Leave a comment:

• regalvxr
    replied
    would not think its a problem as its just for appearance not performance enhancing

Leave a comment:

• andy16vturbo
    started a topic warranty issues with a "dressed up" engine

warranty issues with a "dressed up" engine

ive been looking all over for a replacement ricker cover so i can get it painted and still have the grey one to put on if anything crops up.

after loads of searching i cant find one so i was wondering if getting my rocker cover painted would affect the warranty on the engine???

ive sourced a cross over pipe and throttle body that im gonna get dont, so i have the origiaonl ones but i really want to get the orcker ocver done as well.

whats people opinions on this??
Working...
X