This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenons

quick question guys has anyone got the xenon lights on their car and if yes is the option box worth ticking for £750 extra my car is not due according to my dealer to be built until the first week in march so i have still got time to add changes so any advice would be helpful thanks.

for sure mate, well worth it, practicle and looks good but the standard still work well which i had on my previous H SRi, i ordered them with the savings i made with the free cruise and climate but originally didnt order them until after i placed my order.

Comment

Personally, I didn't order them for any of the cars. I think the Astra ones are very good anyway, its just whether you want some help with the AFL.
      Also bulbs ect are allot more expensive. But this is personal choice. I did like te idea of the light lifting after 65mph but couldn't justify the additional cost.

Comment

Mark
        the good thing for you is the veccy VXR comes with xenon standard but have to pay extra for the AFL adaption

Comment

Yea I know Aussie ,but having driven an Astra VXR all wekeend, I think they are very good anyway. Top lights.

Comment

i found nightvision much improved in the evenings going from my standard headlights on my H SRi to the xenons on my VXR.
            So on a safety aspect i prefer the xenon over the standard.

Comment

The Xenons on the Astra don't lift at 65mph nor do they light up the footpath when indicating at a junction as Vauxhalls website suggests.
              They do move left and right though and I find them to be excellent, great fun at night, switch your lights on first then start your engine and watch your lights go crosseyed as they calibrate , pity about the 65mph lift though as I do most my miles on motorways.
              First post on here so Hi to everyone including all the people I know from other forums

Comment

Originally posted by Flash
                The Xenons on the Astra don't lift at 65mph nor do they light up the footpath when indicating at a junction as Vauxhalls website suggests.
                They do move left and right though and I find them to be excellent, great fun at night, switch your lights on first then start your engine and watch your lights go crosseyed as they calibrate , pity about the 65mph lift though as I do most my miles on motorways.
                First post on here so Hi to everyone including all the people I know from other forums
                Sorry, you're mistaken - they do lift up at 65mph. It specifically states this in the Astra Specification book. They just don't have the junction lighting.
                HTH
                P69

Comment

Is it easy to stop which Astras have AFL? I'm looking at 2nd hand Astras whilst my Corsa is up for sale and I wouldn't mind knowing if they've got them or not.

Comment

i love xenon lights but my burg aint got them...i just look on the brighter side when the bulbs go its cheaper lol!!!

nice lights though had them on my clio

Comment

I have them mate and they are awesome i would defo get them

Comment

I do want them. Are the obvious to stop on an advert? It's probably one of those things a dealer might not now about.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1 View Post
                          quick question guys has anyone got the xenon lights on their car and if yes is the option box worth ticking for £750 extra my car is not due according to my dealer to be built until the first week in march so i have still got time to add changes so any advice would be helpful thanks.
                          all i can say is YES! best option i got, they make the front of the car look much better than the standard lights and are superb at night. The clusters come with a nice gloss balck look, not matt black like the standard lights.

DO IT!!!! lol
                          VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I just preffer the look of the Xenon headlight over the standard one. I don't think there are massive gains in terms of light from the Xenons over a standard Halogen headlight, but the quality of light is much better. The turning feature is just a bit of a gimmick IMO.

I'd spec them if I bought the car again anyway!

Comment

Above says it all.......just tick the box.........
                              The turning feature is not a gimmick, they do work well when your on the twisty stuff late at night.........
                              sigpic
                              WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Working...
                              X