This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to go to for an upgrade????

Im wanting an upgrade but basically dont know which one to go for.....im willing to travel for the right place....would like a high bhp something like 300+
    but do i go to:
    vxrpc
    courtenays
    thorneys or
    regal :?
    who has had what done where and how did you find it eg service and then the performance etc??

i dont want to cause any arguements (but i feel i will) all i want is some feedback so i can decide where to go!!

btw its mrs tom so plz dont shout at me :P
    sigpic

The Million Dollar Question....

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
      The Million Dollar Question....
      yeah i know thats the problem!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

ring up all the tuners on your list,
        have a chat and then make your decision,
        one thing to keep in mind is location to yourself.

Happy shopping

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
          ring up all the tuners on your list,
          have a chat and then make your decision,
          one thing to keep in mind is location to yourself.

Happy shopping
          Good Advice.....we are willing to travel to the 'right' one
          are they any good tuners up north?

ive had a chat with a couple of them but still cant decide so thats why ive turned to here lol

ta
          sigpic

Comment

they are all good in their own ways,
            what is available is much the same across the board with much the same gains, i think you will be happy with any of the 4 on the list mate.

Comment

there is a new one opening soon in the wakefield area called dap developments he used to work at the vxrpc/888 place where they did the touring cars.hth

Comment

dave is opening up DAP in huddersfield , i emailed him a few times and he seems to know his stuff

he is going to be using his own zorst and maps which seem to be priced similar to other tuners , just a hell of a lot closer

pm him his user name is davidof :wink:

Comment

From reading all the info here all the top 4 are very good.

There has been far to much bitching from people on this site and spoils a great forum. NMo idea why some people bang on about X being better than Y whe nthey are all continually trying to improve their prodcuts and not trying to put each other out of business.

I think 4 superb tuners are not really in competition with each other as they are spread around the country.

I am booked into TMS purely because it is the most local out of the main tuners. I would only go by recommendation and if I lived local to any of the other major tuners I would have used them.

I think you would be safe using any of they, then all come well recommended.

If you want anything specific rather than the usual stage 1/2/3 then call them direct.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcobbler
                    From reading all the info here all the top 4 are very good.

There has been far to much bitching from people on this site and spoils a great forum. NMo idea why some people bang on about X being better than Y whe nthey are all continually trying to improve their prodcuts and not trying to put each other out of business.

I think 4 superb tuners are not really in competition with each other as they are spread around the country.

I am booked into TMS purely because it is the most local out of the main tuners. I would only go by recommendation and if I lived local to any of the other major tuners I would have used them.

I think you would be safe using any of they, then all come well recommended.

If you want anything specific rather than the usual stage 1/2/3 then call them direct.
                    yea i see what your saying, they are all quite a distance from me anyway so thats why im willing to travel cos i have to lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi Tom you might want to have a look at Response performance in Durham
                      http://www.responsechips.com/

Comment

Originally posted by comms666
                        have you had any feedback from them?
                        are you getting your car done there?

cheers
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser

cheers
                          Tom, Might be worth asking whichever tuner you go to what their warranty covers, and for how long, as a tuned engine is an out of VX warranty engine
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                            Originally posted by tomfraser

cheers
                            Tom, Might be worth asking whichever tuner you go to what their warranty covers, and for how long, as a tuned engine is an out of VX warranty engine
                            yea thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

hi tom i think the tuner in durham is or was turbo pacs next to tesco. heard good and bad things about them but may be worth calling in to c them

Comment

Working...
                              X