This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 stone chips

My Hardon blue is only 8 days old and i've noticed 5 sizeable stone chips. They are all down to the white bodywork. What is the best way to fix these and is there anyway to prevent future chips.

http://www.xpeleu.com/full.php?gclid...FQ7ilAodUGOiRA

astra http://catalog.xpeleu.com/partquery/search

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

When I first saw the title, I thought...."Crickey, that's one hell of a potato"

Comment

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Re: 5 stone chips

Originally posted by jimster
          My Hardon blue is only 8 days old and i've noticed 5 sizeable stone chips. They are all down to the white bodywork. What is the best way to fix these and is there anyway to prevent future chips.
          ask for touch up brush kit from vauxhall in ARDEN blue or god knows what you will get :wink:

as for less stone chips , leave it in the garage

nice big spuds bo55

Comment

I had my bonnet resprayed and stonechips are a rarity now.
            The company commented on how VX weren't priming the surfaces properly now for water based paint.
            Can't argue as their paint job is standing up ten times better :?
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for info. Must make a note to double check post tiltles in future

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                I had my bonnet resprayed and stonechips are a rarity now.
                The company commented on how VX weren't priming the surfaces properly now for water based paint.
                Can't argue as their paint job is standing up ten times better :?
                gota say m8 i have never had a car that chips so easily , mainly my wings

Comment

Yeh most of mine are along the side and quite high up near the roof.

Comment

weird init :?

loads complain that the bonnet and bumper catch the stones but mine are virtualy untouched :?

Comment

I've managed to get a couple on the doors, must admit I aint happy about it and the VX touch up paint is shocking

Comment

What's up with it. Is this the same as the touch up brush kit from vauxhall that Arden mentioned?

Comment

I have had a fair few, touched them all up with paintstick. I create a tiny hole in some newspaper and place this on top of paint and hole, then dab it. This stops paint run and really localises the paint hence no big globs!

Comment

Cheers for the advice. I will do that as well as putting it on with a cocktail stick that someone else advised me to do.

Comment

i found getting the spray can of your colour easier. spray it in to a cap then dab a fine brush in to this, the spray is alot thinner and so less chance of over filling the stone chip leaving a repair alot smoother and you wont see it as much
                              sigpic
                              stage 2

Comment

Working...
                              X