X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" wheels

Hi all,
    Just registered, had my 'Red Devil' since 6th January and still love it so much.
    The only thing my husband is not happy about (cos he is in charge of car washing, of course, being a man!!) is, the inside of the wheels are not laquered and are really difficult to clean. Admittedly, they do look a bit tatty inside but i'm not really that bothered, but he is getting obsessed with it!
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Anyone else is Sussex with a VXR, i've not seen another one on the road yet?
    :wink:

At least you get a jack to remove the wheels to clean them.....
    Us with 19's are left high and dry
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

Both these are from sussex S3 From Chichester and YE55 Dru from Tonbridge. Where are you from ? The picture is the first Sussex VXR meet on 15.01.06

Comment

Shoreham. We'll have to get together and then there will be 3 reds in a row.
        I saw somewhere that there was a meeting at Bluewater on Sunday but we are going up to Nothampton for the weekend so won't be able to make it.
        Any views on these damn 18" wheels!!!!

Comment

easy job
          meguiars do a wheel cleaning brush that will get in behind and use the meguiars wheel cleaner, also works really well, i havent had any problems cleaning the inside of mine
          www.meguiars.co.uk

Comment

Are they all rough inside though as mine are? It's not that you can't reach them it's just that because they are so rough they do not clean properly. Perhaps they are not meant to be like that. I need to look at another VXR with 18" wheels and see if they are the same, trouble is i've not seen any other VXR's!!!

Comment

I wouldnt know about 18" wheels as I have 19"s they are even worse to clean, nylon scourer and elbow grease. Was in shoreham this week with my VXR was looking at the Black one parked outside Frosts, who did you buy yours from ? There ia another meet in Northampton at Santa Pod where www.astra-sri.co.uk are having a club stand which will be the largest gathering of VXRs in the UK to date http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5581 or there is this one in April a bit closer to home Brands Hatch where we may get some VIP treatment from Vauxhall as part of the VXR promotion with the BTCC http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6458

Comment

Originally posted by jillyrix
                Are they all rough inside though as mine are? It's not that you can't reach them it's just that because they are so rough they do not clean properly. Perhaps they are not meant to be like that. I need to look at another VXR with 18" wheels and see if they are the same, trouble is i've not seen any other VXR's!!!
                they are all like that, so to are the 19's even my old H SRi with the 5 spoke 18's was a difference surface
                The VXR BTCC meet at Brands can also be found on the meets and show section on here (VXRonline) and also on the VXR Register

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                  I wouldnt know about 18" wheels as I have 19"s they are even worse to clean, nylon scourer and elbow grease. Was in shoreham this week with my VXR was looking at the Black one parked outside Frosts, who did you buy yours from ? There ia another meet in Northampton at Santa Pod where www.astra-sri.co.uk are having a club stand which will be the largest gathering of VXRs in the UK to date http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5581 or there is this one in April a bit closer to home Brands Hatch where we may get some VIP treatment from Vauxhall as part of the VXR promotion with the BTCC http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6458
                  I didn't buy it from Frosts as they were not interested in a decent part exchange price or doing a deal of any kind. I bought it from Aston in Melton Mowbray (complete with free pork pie!!! ) I got a much better part exchange price for my car and £1000 off the price of the VXR. They were superb and even delivered it on a transporter from Leicester to Shoreham for free and I only waited 6 months for it!!!!
                  The best thing was, I had to book it in to Frosts a week after I got it as it had a water leak. The first thing they asked me was if I bought it from them!!!
                  We have put our names down for the Brands Hatch gathering.
                  If anyone comes near Shoreham let us know and we'll meet up.

Comment

Frosts would not deal for me either, nor Steeles in Worthing or City Vauxhall in Chichester, Got £1750 off the price of mine with Carringdales in Bury and only waited seven months, it was hell !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X