This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its finally Here

Well, after all the talking about it and pondering etc etc, the time has finally come round.

Shortly about to leave to go to TMS for Stage 3 and KW Variant 3's

I cant wait, really looking forward to it
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Are you back yet?
    sigpic
    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
    Click Here to.................
    See My Wheels
    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Still here, been busy working on it as all the front end has to come off to fit the FMIC.

KW's are going on aswell.

Had my Pre Tuning dyno run this morning, run 250bhp, which i was pleased with, spot on for having full Milltek fitted
      sigpic

Comment

Everything is all good, just got home and sorted all out. Stage 3 is spot on, and the KW's - wow, what a difference, and i got some nice big shiny AP's sitting in my room ready to be fitted. :thumbs:

Unfortuantely i didnt get any Dyno run in the end - after road test, too much 'Knock' was being detected through Tech 2, so they opted not to run it in case of detonation.

But they cleared all the codes and reset it and all i can say is

What a drive home, it just got better and better the further i got home.

A HUUUGE thanks to John and the guys at TMS, had a great day watching it all happen, service was spot on :thumbs:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
          Unfortuantely i didnt get any Dyno run in the end - after road test, too much 'Knock' was being detected through Tech 2, so they opted not to run it in case of detonation.

But they cleared all the codes and reset it and all i can say is
          I dont understand why no power run , surley knock will always we worse on the road as you use 4,5,6 gear, which would = more load, not to mention hills etc. with TMS cooling and the fact the dyno is a quick blast in third? gear it would have been ok. :?

Comment

Unfortuantely i didnt get any Dyno run in the end - after road test, too much 'Knock' was being detected through Tech 2, so they opted not to run it in case of detonation

why too much knock, whats that about is that the coil pack

I dont understand why no power run , surley knock will always we worse on the road as you use 4,5,6 gear, which would = more load, not to mention hills etc. with TMS cooling and the fact the dyno is a quick blast in third? gear it would have been ok.

Dont start that one again

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Its already had coil pack and plugs
              sigpic

Comment

Got to be a dodgy map or miss understanding what TECH2 is saying.

a power run has very little load as the rollers will spin and the car will not have to pull its weight.

i would not have been happy if it had of been mine.

see the difference with TMS and CS.
                you were left to leave and go home knowing of a potential problem

@ CS Jon would have stayed and worked on it till it was right at leasr 95%

i cant see why you were told its fine go home and enjoy {word to that effect} does stike me as not very professional finish to a very expencive days work.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c

a power run has very little load as the rollers will spin and the car will not have to pull its weight.

i cant see why you were told its fine go home and enjoy {word to that effect} does stike me as not very professional finish to a very expencive days work.
                  Alex, you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about TMS. at the end of the day its each to their own.

I beg to differ with your statement about the car not being under load on a dyno. The whole point of the dyno is to measure BHP and Tirque at its peak, so its loaded up in peak gear and peak revs etc, i would say that theres even more chance of the engine going bang on the dyno than there is on the road.

If the car wasnt safe for me to drive, or risk of the engine going bang john wouldnt of let me take it.

Yes Tech 2 was showing up a bit of Knock retard but this may have been from when i had the misfire problem with the coil pack and plugs recently.

The Learn Values can be reset which they were and i road tested the car before paying and taking the car away, and i have to say i am very happy with the result and the car was spot on all the way home and didnt miss a beat, and has been since.

The other factor being is that with the map loaded on, it has been established that after more driving the ECU learns the new settings and adjusts itself, and figures have increased on the dyno after people have had it done, so im happy to let the map settle in and then have it dyno'd at a later date.

Yes i was a little sceptical at first, but theres no way John would of let me take the car, knowing i had driven a long way to get there, if there was any risks.

It seems you just like to bring up the old Courtney VS TMS debate But what would you be saying if i had been to CS and come back with the same thing, you never know

The service i recieved on the day was second to none, we were looked after, my car had a full geo check with the suspension,and it drives better than it ever has, and the guys there know their stuff, no way was it a case of they just left me to go.
                  sigpic

Comment

daz it was you who said
                    (after road test, too much 'Knock' was being detected)
                    1 if your first run on the rr gave 250bhp not much adrift there then
                    2 is that not the ecu's way of retarding the ignition to stop any problems
                    so could be to much ignition for you car with that map.

I had the same with my car and john just took a bit of timing out of my map till there was no knock on the tech 2. This is no way a pop at TMS as you say he will not have sent you home if the car was at risk, just my coments on what you have said mate.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c

He's off again, what a plonker.
                      Whats up Alex scared your losing shares in CS???
                      Get over your bias and get a life!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                        daz it was you who said
                        (after road test, too much 'Knock' was being detected)
                        1 if your first run on the rr gave 250bhp not much adrift there then
                        2 is that not the ecu's way of retarding the ignition to stop any problems
                        so could be to much ignition for you car with that map.

I had the same with my car and john just took a bit of timing out of my map till there was no knock on the tech 2. This is no way a pop at TMS as you say he will not have sent you home if the car was at risk, just my coments on what you have said mate.
                        Yor comments are fairer dave, but like i said, after reseting the learn values, the knock readings dropped. Hence the fact he prob let me take it to see how i get on.

If anything it will prb just go into limp mode, and then ill just get on to John and he will arrange to get it sorted for me.

It was just Alex's comments as usual, slating TMS, when he has never even been there as far as i know, Bit unfair to judge i feel. Im not bias at all to any of the tuners, i just liked what John had to offer, he did me a deal, and it was the closest for me, and im VERY happy with the service.

Im going back down my old work prob next week, gonna see my mate who works there who knows pretty much everything about engines and tuning, gonna go down the road and check the 'knock' on TECH 2 and see whats happening. It may even be a case of i still got dodgy plugs or coil pack, you never know!! Iv come across things like that before. But at the moment, all seems to be good.
                        sigpic

Comment

guys... can we have love not war???

we all have and are entitled to voice our opinions on here but lets not everytime someone voices opinons digress into an arguement/slaggin match.

me will shutup now

Comment

another brain washed burk posting

guess you dont read ather sites.

type116.com
                            vx220.org

just for starters seems im not the only one in the world that has issues with the whole TMS thing.

Comment

Good man bet the cars the nuts, must say love mine with s3 seems just about the right amount of power for me. Are you still runing with the viper on daz.

Comment

Working...
                              X