This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY DIFFERENT COLOURED BUMPERS

Hi all,i havn't posted for a while been bit busy...you know how it is.Anyway a while back i said my bumpers were a completely different shade to the rest of my car,i had quite a few replies saying that it was normal etc but it realy annoyed me .I took my motor back to the garage and explained to my salesman that i was very unhappy with the colour difference and he agreed,he then arranged a vaux engineer (warrany bloke) to visit to give the ok to get them sorted.He also said YES \/ and im getting the bumpers sorted in a weeks time at a vaux paintshop.Just thought id let you all know incase your car is the same and you want to get it sorted but not too sure if they would do it.[/img]

That's fantastic news

Comment

great news m, but leaving the car with a dealer is scary

Comment

Originally posted by arden
        The problem is (although not sure if VX will admit to this? :wink: ) that they don't paint the plastic parts in the same place / time as the metal.
        So you get different batches of paint on the plastic compared to the metal parts. It is then just luck as to how close or how far those 2 batches are away from each other in colour.
        sigpic

Comment

Vauxhall knocked my claim back for the same problem. something to do with different regional Managers so different decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
            Originally posted by arden
            The problem is (although not sure if VX will admit to this? :wink: ) that they don't paint the plastic parts in the same place / time as the metal.
            So you get different batches of paint on the plastic compared to the metal parts. It is then just luck as to how close or how far those 2 batches are away from each other in colour.
            if thats the case,god help me if i need something painting as a match sounds tricky

Comment

Vauxhall customer care manager actually informed me on the phone that the bumpers are painted by the suppliers at their factories and not the plant. She also advised me that Vauxhall are aware of the colour match differences and I quote 'it is a trait and not a fault'.

Most Vauxhall models suffer from it now with the worst been the facelift Vectra's & Signums especially in lighter colours where it is more noticeable. I have give up trying now and i'll just have to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ
                Vauxhall customer care manager actually informed me on the phone that the bumpers are painted by the suppliers at their factories and not the plant. She also advised me that Vauxhall are aware of the colour match differences and I quote 'it is a trait and not a fault'.

Most Vauxhall models suffer from it now with the worst been the facelift Vectra's & Signums especially in lighter colours where it is more noticeable. I have give up trying now and i'll just have to live with it.
                Well nice they came clean...maybe they should ask other manufacturers how they manage to do it ok....or do they?
                sigpic

Comment

Most do seem to get it right, having said that I have also noticed the problem on some Audi's and Ford's. Vauxhall is by far the worst affected though.

I reckon they will do something about it on the quiet as at first they were agreeing to re-paint affected cars, but further down the line they have had loads of complaints and they have now closed the doors depending on the area manager as mentioned above.

Comment

Ford focus has the worst issue i have encountered, mine isnt much of a noticeable dfference but seen alot of ST's with really miis matched bumpers.

Comment

Working...
                    X