This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car mats? which?

Was wondering which Mats im likely to get with the below offer my dealer has sent out to me. My cars on order and should be around another 4 weeks.

£79 = Full tank of fuel and a set of car mats.

Does anyone know if they will be the VXR mats, or some cheap mats? And is it worth it?

Should come with vxr mats as standard. Thats what they told me when i got mine, so dont buy them

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
      Should come with VXR mats as standard. Thats what they told me when i got mine, so dont buy them
      Aye heard a few ppl say that, but also a few more recently are saying that mats arent part of the standard spec.

Comment

Refuse to buy it if they don't give you both for free, I got both with mine and didn't have to ask.

For God's sake you're spending alot of money, they should give you something!

Comment

If the dealers can save something they will, bet it will end up in some sales manager private car, or end up on ebay. Stick to your guns and say you want them, after all even standard it is a £18995k car

Comment

They aren't included as standard for MY07.

As one dealer chain whinged to me recently....if we give them out to everyone free we would be spending £35,000 a year on mats.....my heart bleeds! :wink:
            sigpic

Comment

It's easy, if they won't give you them for free then just say you will buy the same car somewhere else. They cannot afford to loose a £19000ish sale over a set of mats and a tank of petrol

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                They aren't included as standard for MY07.

if we give them out to everyone free we would be spending £35,000 a year on mats
                Oh, i forgot, they are giving the VXR away lol, yes free, and not making a penny for their trouble. If only you could buy a car direct from the plant, you would get what you wanted and on time

Comment

Im crap at threatening with stuff like that

Ive agreed to the sale now, paid my deposit etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue
                    Im **expletive deleted by Admin** at threatening with stuff like that

Ive agreed to the sale now, paid my deposit etc.
                    Pathetic isn't it Having just ordered a competitor car from another manufacturer the dealer experience was so much better and the value for money makes the astra look a little pricey now, especially when they start pulling mats out of the spec etc
                    End of the day the VXR is not a moneyspinner for VX so their prob not that bothered! limited numbers and a smaller profit margin on the car than a high spec SRi
                    sigpic

Comment

Well im really happy with the price 18,603 with 19's, keyless and xenons, brand spanker. So tbh im happy to pay for the petrol/mats pack if they r vxr mats not some cheapo mats.

Comment

I asked the dealer when i bought mine,he said if it is a 56 plate or earlier mats were std but 07 onwards were not.Mine was a 56 so i was chuffed .I also demanded a full tank of juice and a years full tax and he gave in quite easily .Give the dealer some grief,after all thats what they are there for isnt it

Comment

I picked mine up a week and a half ago. When I picked up the car there weren't any mats. I said to the sales guy 'where are the mats' his reply 'u dont get any mats with the 2007 models'. A bit shi7 really cause he told me it would come with free mates .

Comment

I didn't get mats on my 05 model. I bought some VXR mats from vauxhall and they were 65quid.

Comment

we got the mats on our may 06 but only half a tank of fuel when we were told a full tank :?

couldnt be bothered arguing when we went to collect , we just wanted to jump in and go

Comment

Working...
                              X