This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help. Boot wont open

I've trapped my daughters bag handle in the lock of my boot and it wont open. It's not shut properly because it keeps constantly beeping to tell me the boot is open whilst I am driving. I am at a conference this afternoon and I need to take loads of stands etc in the car. Is there a button to open the boot inside the car, or will taking the fuse out fix it. Or any other suggestions in this time of need.

Thanks Jimster

I kno this sounds mental but can you take your seats down and enter the boot from the car and cut the handle to the bag or is the catch blocked so you cant reach it? Was just thinking if you managed to cut both sides it may move it enough so you could undo the boot?

I dont know of any other catches.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
      I kno this sounds mental but can you take your seats down and enter the boot from the car and cut the handle to the bag or is the catch blocked so you cant reach it? Was just thinking if you managed to cut both sides it may move it enough so you could undo the boot?

I dont know of any other catches.
      Thanks for quick response. I've climbed into the boot to try and pull the bag, but it wont budge. Sorry I dont no what u been by the last part. The bag isn't hanging out the back of the boot .i.e u cantr see it from outside the car. Oh yeh the catch is blocked i cant get to it.

Comment

Ah i was hoping the catch was in view so you cud hack at the straps with a knife. :?

Comment

I might be able to see it, but all the boot trim inside the car is covering it. :?

Comment

Brute Force?

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
              Brute Force?
              Might be your only answer jimster, just get angry

Comment

If i yank it from the inside mighten it break the lock or even bend the boot in. I,ve yanked at it pretty hard already

Comment

Oh happy days. Just rushed out to the works car park and gave it a good tug :wink: . Mel, we r obvisouly not as technically gifted as dizzy and m4rtc, cause it worked a treat. Heard a clunk and flew back into the front seats. I must have looked a right tool in the car park, it must have sounded like i was dogging with all the grunting then suddenly yes yes its popped out. .

Thanks guys

Comment

For anyone else with this issue, there is a small plastic cap over the rear of the lock. Pop it off and turn it with something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ade
                      For anyone else with this issue, there is a small plastic cap over the rear of the lock. Pop it off and turn it with something.
                      Where were you 2 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by Ade
                        Is this inside the boot?

Comment

Yes, I had my back window smashed by a branch. There was glass in the lock I think. I tried to open the boot and couldn't. The car thought it was, I had to drive for five minutes with the chime going.
                          when I got home, the car wouldn't lock and the numberplate light was on. So I got in the boot in the dark and popped off the plastic disc, guessing this is what Vaux would do. There is a hole you could put a screwdriver in or something and turn. I used my finger and the boot popped open. Then I took out the glass. The finger only worked because it was already open, but jammed. You'd probably need a tool for a real job!

Comment

Originally posted by jimster
                            Oh happy days. Just rushed out to the works car park and gave it a good tug :wink: . Mel, we r obvisouly not as technically gifted as dizzy and m4rtc, cause it worked a treat. Heard a clunk and flew back into the front seats. I must have looked a right tool in the car park, it must have sounded like i was dogging with all the grunting then suddenly yes yes its popped out. .

Thanks guys
                            Thats the way i fix everything jimster, cars, computers dog etc

Comment

yank it out, if the lock breaks, go and get a new one fitted on warrenty.... play dumb when they ask you what happened, just say it just broke when u closed the lid...lol
                              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                              X