This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 19" Tyres

I was just wondering if anyone had replaced there tyres yet and if so what manufacturer did you go for and roughly how much were they. I need to replace the 2 front tyres on my VXR, and at the moment Im struggling to find anyone who do the size, am I correct in saying there 235/35/19 on the VXR as I havnt got my car with me today so cant check lol

Re: New 19" Tyres

Originally posted by Bailes
    I was just wondering if anyone had replaced there tyres yet and if so what manufacturer did you go for and roughly how much were they. I need to replace the 2 front tyres on my VXR, and at the moment Im struggling to find anyone who do the size, am I correct in saying there 235/35/19 on the VXR as I havnt got my car with me today so cant check lol

I used a mobile company called event tyres, do a search on google. They came to my house the very next day at a time i specified, and cheap(ish) tyres too. He had been and gone in under 30 minutes. I put 18" conti sport 2's on that came fitted as standard, about £140 each fitted and balanced (225/40 R18 92 Y) not sure what 19's are. someone will tell you.

Chris.

Comment

Replaced as per originals 19s on Vectra, not many seem to keep this size,main dealer done mine when in for service, £164 each,

Comment

I wasn't overly impressed with the conti's so I replaced my fronts with Goodyear eagle F1's, very impressed with them so far and they always get good reviews they cost me £150 a corner

Comment

I got a puncture on my back passengers side, tyre couldnt be fixed so I had to replace, that cost me £200 fitted and balanced for a Michelin Pilot Sport 235/35/19. I now need 2 new front tyres as I have 3mm tread left my uncle has a tyre businss and can get them for £160 + VAT.

Comment

Is it ok to have different tyres on the front to what's on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by jimster
              Is it ok to have different tyres on the front to what's on the back.
              yes as long as they are the same across the axle.

Try a set of

TOYO PROXES T1-R
              235/35 ZR19 91Y RF

mytyres.co.uk only £ 130.50

Comment

Many Thanks for the response guys.

My tyres are on the limit mark at the moment so will need to get them sorted ASAP.

I may try The tyro proxis from mytyres as they seem to be the cheapest yet

Comment

Actually just a quick question. It appears that the tyres most people are choosing have a different grip pattern then the original tyres, are you noticing a difference in handling having the front tyres different to the rears :?

Comment

I just had conti sport 3's fitted to the front and love them, big improvement over the 2's. I was £340 for two fitted. I was always Goodyear F1's and never thought i could find a better tyre, although many dissagree with the conti's i really like them and they give me huge amounts of confidence. A lot less tramlining with the 3 over the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mike
                      I just had conti sport 3's fitted to the front and love them, big improvement over the 2's. I was £340 for two fitted. I was always Goodyear F1's and never thought i could find a better tyre, although many dissagree with the conti's i really like them and they give me huge amounts of confidence. A lot less tramlining with the 3 over the 2.
                      do they have better grip in the wet than the original conti that came with the car ??

Comment

How many miles have you lot been getting out of your orginal tyres?

I drive fairly hard all the time with traction mostly off?

In saying that i try not to spin up the tyres though!

Comment

So far 10k out of original 19 inch tyres, probably a good few K left on them yet.
                          I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

mine has done 6.5k and osf tyre almost on the bars ooops i blame the wife lol

Comment

i have just swapped front to back , the fronts hav 3mm left after 6000 !

thats with anna driving to work and back thru the wk and me playing at the wk ends

Comment

Working...
                              X