This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last....

Finally picked up the beast well pleased with it.

couple questions

Whats the best way to get the best mileage out to the full tank? i.e drive in higher gears etc?

Also i have the CD MP3 system ( dont know if they come standard) but is it possible to hook up a sub and amp to it? will appreciate the replies... thanks

Re: At last....

Originally posted by azza
    Finally picked up the beast well pleased with it.

couple questions

Whats the best way to get the best mileage out to the full tank? i.e drive in higher gears etc?

Also i have the CD MP3 system ( dont know if they come standard) but is it possible to hook up a sub and amp to it? will appreciate the replies... thanks
    Ask mel about gettin the best consumption, she gets some right mileage out of a tankfull (on weekdays)

as for the sub and amp, id be very surprised if you could. most standard headunits are very basic and dont allow for expansion through pre outs of any kind.

Comment

Ive got the standard headunit think its the CD30 or somehtin like that, I have a sub and amp fitted to it, as I didnt wanna change the unit and lose the screen and steering controls, sounds well. My mileage is rubbish, I dont hammer it and get around 200-220 per tank, max!!

Comment

by connecting the sub and amp to the standard headunit does it still give out quality sound?

Comment

Yea I have my bass on -12 treble on +9 and sounds perfect, not too much bass, just perfect for me

Comment

There's a section in the manual about economical driving, explains how the fuel cut off works - which is something you should take advantage of. When I'm driving economically I keep distance from other cars so when they start to brake I can just coast up to them in gear with very little braking - all the time using no fuel. Same applies on motorway, keep distance and when others are braking cos they're too close you can just coast and save fuel, plus brake wear. Use highest possible gear at all times, without causing the engine to labour.

I got 35mpg coming down from Edinburgh to Leicester via A1/M1 and averaged 63mph (got stuck behind lots of trucks on A1, was averaging 75mph on Motorway).

Comment

Working...
            X