This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Had TMS Stage 2 (Got 277.5BHP)

just had my "baby" given a Stage 2 at Thorney..............What can i say apart from awesome.
    The guys down at Thorney were a great bunch and made it a pleasure to be there, i've only had a quick run around but the difference is very noticable.
    They achieved 277.5 i will post the graphs as soon as i get time, the Miltek sounds fantastic although its not popping to much, i'm sure it will in time.
    Thanks to John & the Tech guys you have done a great job.
    A very happy Rob
    D6 VXR

What's a stage 2 £cost?

Comment

nice one m8

Comment

Just about £2000 with a full Thorney service..........Well worth it ..

Comment

nice one mate, exhaust note will deepen and start popping once you get some milage on it

Comment

Glad your happy, i loved mine until i got back to my home area and realised how flat 2nd and 3rd is at higher revs, I drove on motorways for 700+ miles where 4th and 5th were obviously improved. I only got 266.6 so here's hoping the coil packs sort me out tomorrow

Comment

Thought stage 2 gave 285bhp? Suppose ECU needs to sort itself out so should improve a bit. Mr Mike was yours Thorney stage 2 aswell?
              If so 266, 277 and 285? Consistency?

Comment

What was the fwhp figure ?? not calc flywheel ??
                Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck norris
                  Thought stage 2 gave 285bhp? Suppose ECU needs to sort itself out so should improve a bit. Mr Mike was yours Thorney stage 2 aswell?
                  Yeah I had the TMS stage 2 map only done on Thursday last week(already had the milltek), spent a few days down that end of country on motorways then drove back to aberdeen on saturday, not until i spent a few days in my own area playing with the car that i realised how flat 2nd/3rd between 5-6k revs. Spoke with John himself today and he thinks coil packs so dealer swapping them out tomorrow at 2pm, my fingers are crossed because its a long way back to TMS for me and another £150 on petrol round trip.

Comment

On other RR it probably would be 285ish.

Figs mean pap
                    sigpic

Comment

like everyone says its how you find the car and the improvements to be the most important factor nor rr readouts which very from one tuner to the next
                      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mike
                        Originally posted by chuck norris
                        Yeah I had the TMS stage 2 map only done on Thursday last week(already had the milltek), spent a few days down that end of country on motorways then drove back to aberdeen on saturday, not until i spent a few days in my own area playing with the car that i realised how flat 2nd/3rd between 5-6k revs. Spoke with John himself today and he thinks coil packs so dealer swapping them out tomorrow at 2pm, my fingers are crossed because its a long way back to TMS for me and another £150 on petrol round trip.
                        Wouldn't if be GR8 if we were able to check out the different maps offered by tuners to feel the difference in our own cars. All I guess would have different characteristics, some we would like, others probably hate !!!

:? :? :?

Comment

why spend £2000 on a stage 2?, or even throw £1000s of pounds on an already fast car, why dont you just save it and buy a far better car like a 2nd hand M3 or a new Audi S3?, you guys that spend this type of dollar on a £19000 car will just never be happy, maybe your looking for something better?, dont get me wrong i love my astra vxr to bits, but f**k spending £1000s of pounds trying to make it go faster..........

Comment

Originally posted by jame-one
                            why spend £2000 on a stage 2?, or even throw £1000s of pounds on an already fast car, why dont you just save it and buy a far better car like a 2nd hand M3 or a new Audi S3?, you guys that spend this type of dollar on a £19000 car will just never be happy, maybe your looking for something better?, dont get me wrong i love my astra VXR to bits, but f**k spending £1000s of pounds trying to make it go faster..........
                            I agree with the big spends on a car but when i wrote off my first i was given the milltek in place of full leather on the replacement new car, i hate the vauxhall throttle map so thats what convinced me to have the remap, cant find anything thats so enjoyable to drive as the VXR without spending a fortune and even then will it still give the big grin effect?

Comment

Originally posted by jame-one
                              why spend £2000 on a stage 2?, or even throw £1000s of pounds on an already fast car, why dont you just save it and buy a far better car like a 2nd hand M3 or a new Audi S3?, you guys that spend this type of dollar on a £19000 car will just never be happy, maybe your looking for something better?, dont get me wrong i love my astra VXR to bits, but f**k spending £1000s of pounds trying to make it go faster..........
                              Sorry, wouldn't like to swap my vxr for an Audi S3 or a second hand M3, or any other car at the moment as I love my VXR even if I did have the cash.

So what if people want to tune their cars? There's lots of reasons behind it, as a hobby for example. Obviously everyone is different otherwise the world would be boring, lets respect each others interests.

Comment

Working...
                              X