• Show
Clear All

• V33 VXR

Very interesting ! well done
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

Comment

The smell a BS in this post is unbearable no pics or proof ie graphs from the RR etc Jackanory springs to mind ,bearing in mind the cars only been on the streets since december it doesnt leave a lot a time for development ,think ill wait till its done properly by the likes of thorney MS :?

Comment

Oh dear
          Well a few points here I suppose ;
          i) at 6800 rpm in top the Astra on 19" would do 176mph
          ii) it'll never get there as the aero is too poor without a considerable amount of bhp
          iii) as mention all the 'stage 1' maps are pushing out 280 - 285PS , at best we believe 350 - 370 is achievable with considerable work to the cooling
          iv) because as everyone will find once they pop the car on the dyno that unless there huge volume moving fans the intake temps on the Astra will rise above 48C and the ECU will start retarding the ignition. Thats also why dyno charts are lacking on the VXR at the mo.
          So Jom I'm sure you had best intentions in telling everyone about the mods on your car but I feel that you've done Regal and yourself a bit of a disservice.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

You need to go have a chat with Regal. As Stu points out the gearing of the car make it physically impossible to reach 200mph. As he's a VXR brand manager, he should know the limits. Looks like something is seriously wrong with Regals RR if it says you were doing 200mph - a virus maybe.
                  The exhaust looks like an exhaust trim around a std round exhaust
                  What do you expect the real item to look like?

Comment

Comment

Have they changed the gearing on the car, without that it not physically possible at 7000rpm, even with a 800bhp engine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jom
                          Update: just picked her up...
                          exaust, software & camshaft have been done
                          *still* no RR results because the car was out peforming Regals rolling road
                          one readout we managed to get though showed great improvement with a topend @ 200mph + 1.2 boost @ 7000rpm
                          the initial boost the software gave is now carried from 2500rpm right through to the 7000rpm (red lines @ 8000rpm but heat is becoming a factor in performance at such high engine speeds) lol...
                          the exaust is now 63mm decat on the front, one long middle box and the same default shape pipe just 3 times bigger
                          You mentioned 7000 rpm in this post. But are you saying the figures were obtained at 8000 rpm?

Comment

Comment

[quote="Jom
                              no, a VRX will test at 200mph...perhaps Stu has a virus? [/quote]
                              not since I got the treatment
                              but to hit 200mph you'll be turning the engine over in 6th on the rollers at 7700rpm. Is that what you did ?
                              If so I suggest a basket attached to the end of your exhaust pipe to catch the bits !
                              Stu

Comment

Working...
                              X