This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FITTING CRUISE STICK

Can anyone post up in how to or PM me with details of how to fit the cruise control stick... kinda need to do it tomorrow before brands

just find a hole and bash it in....honest

in reality though, from looking at the car....remove the bottom screw of the steering column panels and take them off.

the indicator is a solid state unit thing, with a plug, or box on the end.

id imagine (if its like my old astra) the whole stalk just unplugs, no wires, just pins and sockets.

replace

Comment

No need to unscrew anything, pop the rubber gaiter out of the steering column (the rubber part thats on the indicator stalk) then on the underside of the indicator stalk there is a small groove-slide a cocktail stick or small allen key or something similar down the groove and pull the indicator stalk out. It will come out very easily WITHOUT FORCE !!

New one just pushes in.

Comment

dont listen to me then

thing have changed with indicator stalks, my old one needed allsorts taken off

Comment

Spoke to Mel and told her to give it some whelly - job done :wink:

Must admit when I did it myself thought I was gonna break something but it did eventually pull out and the new stalk just popped in :wink:

Comment

hahahaha

no ones ever going to trust me again!!!!!

Comment

Thanks all, lets hope it all goes well today

Comment

I like that.

Mel askes HOW??

then I get told to to it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter
                  No need to unscrew anything, pop the rubber gaiter out of the steering column (the rubber part thats on the indicator stalk) then on the underside of the indicator stalk there is a small groove-slide a cocktail stick or small allen key or something similar down the groove and pull the indicator stalk out. It will come out very easily WITHOUT FORCE !!

New one just pushes in.
                  do you just have to buy a cruise control stalk and stick it in to get cruise control?
                  and how much are the stalks?
                  thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Stalks are around £30 and you need to get it on Tech 2 to have it activated.

Comment

Stalks are around £30 and you need to get it on Tech 2 to have it activated.
                      dont want to sound dumb.....but what is a tech 2 ? and how musc will that cost? thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser
                        dont want to sound dumb.....but what is a tech 2 ? and how musc will that cost? thanks
                        Tech 2 is the computer that Vauxhall plugs into your car when they want to `fiddle/adjust things` it plugs in under the handbrake (the cover pulls off) and it looks like a scart socket. Costs vary from dealer to dealer, some have paid nothing others 1/2 hour - 2 hours labour.
                        Please dont be afraid to ask what seems `Silly things` no-one knows anything till they ask or others tell them.
                        This is Tech 2 machine

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser
                          Tech 2 is the computer that Vauxhall plugs into your car when they want to `fiddle/adjust things` it plugs in under the handbrake (the cover pulls off) and it looks like a scart socket. Costs vary from dealer to dealer, some have paid nothing others 1/2 hour - 2 hours labour.
                          Please dont be afraid to ask what seems `Silly things` no-one knows anything till they ask or others tell them.
                          This is Tech 2 machine
                          what is the code for the stalk...... looks like im gonna order the part on monday. and get it booked in to get done :P
                          sigpic

Comment

Code for the CC/Indicator stalk is :V0013129642 and cost me £25,15+VAT

While your there, if you havent got the `Air Guide` for your glovebox, its only £1.14+VAT ....... keeps your glovebox cool when the aircon/climate is on.

Comment

Code for the CC/Indicator stalk is :V0013129642 and cost me £25,15+VAT

While your there, if you havent got the `Air Guide` for your glovebox, its only £1.14+VAT ....... keeps your glovebox cool when the aircon/airconditioning is on.
                              how do i know if i got a air guide on mine? and do you know the code?
                              gonna be doing some shopping on monday
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X