This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear lacquer and touch up pencil

Just about to apply the above products to my hardon blue with a toothpick. Just wondering which one do i put on first and how many coats

Noy sure for Harmon Kardon Blue...

Comment

Apply the blue before the clearcoat as per normal paintjob....

I would say on the red allow a bubble 25% larger than hole as will shrink when dried so therefore i would put a fine amount on end of toothpick and just touch surface chip nibbing until hole is blue as you must not fill until you apply the clearcoat......

Just have patience and dont blob it on.......
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Cheers marc i'll dab the blue on first. Do i wait for it to dry before i put the laquer on.

Comment

Originally posted by jimster
          Cheers marc i'll dab the blue on first. Do i wait for it to dry before i put the laquer on.
          Oh god yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just dab gently wait 12 hrs then dab on laquer to fill top of chip but PATIENCE is the word ....You only get one shot!!!! :wink:
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

cheers marc. I am a touch up virgin as u can tell. :wink:

Comment

Marc, I,ve followed your instructions and it looks a lot better (not perfect though). Can I repeat the process again or do I have to leave it as it needs a bit more.

Comment

Are you saying that the hole is not filled to the top as if so add a touch more laquer when dry....
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Yeh it needs filling a bit mate. I'll tap a little bit of laquer on tomorrow. I'll try to use a little more touch up stick with the others. I am doing one at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X