This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerbs With 19s & Parking Sensors

Just wondering if anyone with a VXR wishes that they had parking sensors fitted, or if you have them fitted what you think about them... good or bad?

Are the 19s any worse for parking against a curb? Surely having 18s or 19s you're not going to even feel that you're rubbing the curb, the first thing you know is when you find the marks on your rims? They both have tiny sidewalls don't they???

Cheers.
    I'll just give it a quick wash!

you got that right about the alloys. did my back alloy when parking when it was just one week old. cost me £55 to put right so easy to curb

Comment

Re: Kerbs With 19s & Parking Sensors

Originally posted by MagPie
      Just wondering if anyone with a VXR wishes that they had parking sensors fitted, or if you have them fitted what you think about them... good or bad?

Are the 19s any worse for parking against a curb? Surely having 18s or 19s you're not going to even feel that you're rubbing the curb, the first thing you know is when you find the marks on your rims? They both have tiny sidewalls don't they???

Cheers.
      dont think it matters about 18/19 both easy to kerb will just ask the girlfriend as she has done both my fronts *****

Comment

my mrs is the kerbing queen of the uk , but i have now cracked it when reversing to park i lower the mirror to look at the kerb then keep the door handle on the edge of the kerb and it dont hit tra la
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I do the mirror lowering thing too now

Comment

I've got curbed 19's and Rear paring sensors.

RPS are great! Curbed alloys are not.

Comment

So it's not just me that dips the passenger mirror when parking!

I'm deciding whether to spec up with parking sensors at the moment, with the sport hatch things disppear pretty early on when reversing. I've considered the kits where you basically get a number plate holder with them attached to the sides but I don't know how you'd route the cable, and I wouldn't fancy drilling the bumper...

It's a shame that the sensors aren't all in line, do they attract loads of dirt in the four tiny circles?
              I'll just give it a quick wash!

Comment

The holes do gather some dirt and grime, just get a detail brush (soft hairs to gently agitate dirt) to clean them out when washing :wink: or use a pressure washer which helps as well.

Comment

All four of my 19"s are f***ked due to my poor driving(!) even when using the mirrors. Having them smoke chromed soon tho, so will try to be more careful.....

Andy

Comment

Sorry but I havent read a word of this thread I am transfixed with your sig ben

AWESOME

Mel will probs give me a slap when she reads this

Comment

Originally posted by bazwaterboy
                      Sorry but I havent read a word of this thread I am transfixed with your sig ben

AWESOME

Mel will probs give me a slap when she reads this
                      likewise

shake it baby :wink:

Comment

just done mine the other day, also it did some damage to one of the tyres so just had that chaged today... ive noticed that they have changed slightly.there is more rim protection on the new ones

old

new
                        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR
                          just done mine the other day, also it did some damage to one of the tyres so just had that chaged today... ive noticed that they have changed slightly.there is more rim protection on the new ones
                          Is that going from Conti 2 -> 3?
                          sigpic

Comment

conti 2 mate
                            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                            X