This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutches

my astra is 3 weeks old covered 1800 miles and its started to get clutch slip and bit stiffer getting in to gear. getting it booked in was wondering if this has been a problem with others or just my luck
    sigpic
    stage 2

thats a new 1 mike dont think ive seen a thread about that at all and ive read nearly all of em too
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

when i got to brands sunday clutch was smelling hot so something not right
      sigpic
      stage 2

Comment

Is yours an ex demo?

Thats all I can think of?

Or is it second hand? If it is, it might have been seriously ragged. In which case you will have a fast car!

In any case dont fret - warranty!

Comment

no it was brand new had 7 miles on the clock when i picked it up
          sigpic
          stage 2

Comment

Mike you have PM

Flinty

Comment

Re: clutches

Originally posted by beerbellymike
              my astra is 3 weeks old covered 1800 miles and its started to get clutch slip and bit stiffer getting in to gear. getting it booked in was wondering if this has been a problem with others or just my luck
              Hi mike just to let you know and it is on the forum somewhere!
              I had complete clutch failure at 4700 miles, and it took 6 weeks to replace.
              (click on my user name then read all posts, you will find the story there.)

Comment

how did you get on Mike?

Comment

the garage said nothing was wrong with the clutch it was just bedding in they blamed the smell on the wax that is protecting the underside heating up as for the gear changing being a bit stiff they said it will ease up with time so time will tell at least it has been noted so if things do happen its down to them and i even got given the vxr mats today not bad eh only took three and a half weeks
                  sigpic
                  stage 2

Comment

Working...
                  X