Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big brake conversion cost

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Big brake conversion cost

    Has anyone searched through the German ebay for brake upgrades?
    I've seen Brembo 6pots from porsche for 800 euro!Fitting adaptors too
    for 150 euro.Or complete 8pot kits with 365 rotors, braided hoses etc for
    2700 euro.Firms like HCT tuning or MBT look like they know their job.
    What is the cost of brake upgrades in U.K.?

  • #2
    £1600 fully fitted for the AP Racing front upgrades, consists of a 4 pot caliper, a 343mm grooved and vented front discs, braided hoses and AP Racing brake fluid.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've just commisioned Alcon to make me a custom setup with 4 pot caliper, aluminium bell, carbon ceramic disc, uprated pads, braided lines and caliper carriers etc - you dont want to know the cost though

      You can always go to someone like hi-spec and get a custom kit made. Or you have the AP kit and 888/vxrpx kit for around £1500-£1600 mark

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lordnikon
        I've just commisioned Alcon to make me a custom setup with 4 pot caliper, aluminium bell, carbon ceramic disc, uprated pads, braided lines and caliper carriers etc - you dont want to know the cost though

        You can always go to someone like hi-spec and get a custom kit made. Or you have the AP kit and 888/vxrpx kit for around £1500-£1600 mark
        we do want to know the price pleas

        Comment


        • #5
          yeh whats the price nikon ?????
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

          Comment


          • #6
            It will be around 3k with the discount

            The price you pay to run 400bhp safely :wink:

            Comment


            • #7
              your going for 400 bhp
              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                your going for 400 bhp
                aint we all ??????
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by worsy
                  Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                  your going for 400 bhp
                  aint we all ??????
                  I'll see you there Worsy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Adski
                    Originally posted by worsy
                    Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                    your going for 400 bhp
                    aint we all ??????
                    I'll see you there Worsy
                    Not if i see you there first

                    hi spec do 6 pot calipers and a 360mm disk set up for 1380. Thay also do rear brake set ups as well, thay look the dogs, been thinking about gettin some just to be differant, any one had any dealings with them, any feed back.

                    www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah think hi spec are v good, had some on my corsa, 6 pot, what are the aps again 4 pots?
                      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                        yeah think hi spec are v good, had some on my corsa, 6 pot, what are the aps again 4 pots?
                        yes thay are 4 pots

                        www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          so hi spec do a kit for the vxr then do they? any other brands do one yet? like tarox as they are very good
                          Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            tarox do a 10 pot kit for the gsi, wonder if they fit the vxr
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not sure you can assume 6pots will automatically be better than 4pots, much depends on Disk Width, Rotor size, and cooling.
                              Probably worth checking the Aluminum bells are seperate from the disks as it makes changing disks much cheaper :wink:
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X