This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting used to remaps

dunno if anyone else has a remap and thinks the same thing, but i drive in sport all the time, and when i put it back into normal mode, i know its still fast, but does feel much slower than i thought it was when i picked the car up. I assume this is because im getting used to the extra power
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Funny you say that. Exactly the same thing I experience after I got the remap. The power increase is addictive and enjoyable so you keep it on a lot. This naturally makes non sport mode feel slow in comparsion.

However, after 20k miles with the remap, I have also learned to appreciate non sport mode. It doesn't 'feel' as fast but God does it go if you put ya foot down! The throttle response isn't as agressive as the standard map so it does feel slower than standard. However, I believe it is the case with all tuners that it does have slightly more power, ~250bhp. It's just delivered nice and smoothly. As you say though, although you know the power is still there and it doesn't feel as fast, a quick look at the speedo will reassure you!! :?

Have you tired flooring it from standing in non sport mode without changing early? Even now, after over 20k miles, I still get amazed at the amount of acceleration that is there!

Comment

Re: getting used to remaps

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
      dunno if anyone else has a remap and thinks the same thing, but i drive in sport all the time, and when i put it back into normal mode, i know its still fast, but does feel much slower than i thought it was when i picked the car up. I assume this is because im getting used to the extra power
      Still smiling everytime
      sigpic

Comment

yeah done with sport off, its still a v quick car, just get used to the higher power with sport engaged i suppose lol
        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

i hardly turn mine on so when i do it's like a jet fighter , mines well quick with it off
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X