Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noisy Hydraulic lifters (ticking/tapping noise)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Hydraulic lifters (ticking/tapping noise)

Guys, my car has only done 1400km.... however one of the hydraulic lifters already making noises.
    Apparently air is trapped inside the hydraulic lifters hence its not working properly and making that ticking noise that varies with speed.

Under accelleration the noise disappear. However when you're not accelerating its making ticking noises.

Also another weird thing is whenever I start the car from cold start (or turn off the engine for 5 mins and then turn on and drive off) there is a 'clunk' noise coming from underneath the engine bay. Looks like its coming from the brake/clutch area. However after I changed into 2nd gear the clunk is not there. So it's just at the very beginning of each travel.....

anyway the car is @ the dealer till Tuesday next week Hopefully she is fixed by then.

That'll be the ABS self test, which normally is done once 5/10mph is achieved - sounds like a clunk/thunk from either side of engine bay - is normal.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense.
      the noise does feel like it comes from the brake area, and only appear when I hit between 5 - 10 mph like you said

thanks for claring this up :wink:

Comment

No worries had same worry/question when I got mine

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
          That'll be the ABS self test, which normally is done once 5/10mph is achieved - sounds like a clunk/thunk from either side of engine bay - is normal.
          yeh its just bit's falling off hey alex
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X