This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll never understand her, but I love her all the more today

Went to test drive the VXR today. Assumed it would be the shortest test drive in history as took the beloved. Instead, spent two hours at the delaer and she loved it. Taking it for a 1 hour test drive this Thursday.
    Now get this. So far the choice has been between a the 197 brake horse Golf GTI and a 225 brake horse Focus ST. What I am left with today is the potential of owning the, sorry I have to pinch myself at this point, 240 brake horse VXR.
    To this day I will never understand our better half, but after today I can feel our relationship going onto a plane I never imagined.
    Please. don't wake me up :P

Of course that is the 240 bhp before any future enhancements. Welcome to the forum, have a look around, I am sure you will find some information on possible enhancements for the car.
    The VXR Performance Centre also sounds to be developing lots of exciting toys for the VXR range, so keep an eye out for them officially opening.

Comment

Welcome chap I hope you enjoy the site. Lets us know how you get on.

Comment

Test driving the VXR tomorrow. Figure I might be on a roll so should be ready to secure a nifty purchase befor the beloved knows what's hit her.
        The way I look at it is to prioritise those options which will enhance the driving experience. I figure therefore the IDS-plus system and stainless stell exhaust are a must. I agree that for performance it's wise to stick with the 18's, so there's a savinbg of £500 (she love that).
        After that visibility is essential, so the Adaptive Forward Lighting system is very desirable, but at £750, that's not going to go down well.
        I nifty £1,000 saving on the leather option by going standard cloth/leather trim is very wise and I agree that the seat grip will be better. That will calm her frayed nerves.
        Finally, to maintain that cool and calm composure when overtaking all those hot frenchies this summer makes the Electronic Climate Control another must.
        On that basis she'll go like sh** off of a shovel, sound brilliant to boot and will leave a trail of ice behind her.
        Oh, and one last thing, rear parking sensors to safeguard my no claims basis. I love her, but she can't drive.
        Am I on the right lines?

Comment

All sounds familar....'cept I went for the leather...she likes the heat in the morning :wink:
          sigpic

Comment

all sounds good bar the IDS+ system
            passive suspension much better for UK roads and thats what it was developed for

Comment

Have to agree with Aussie.Unless you are going on the circuit frequnetly stick with the std suspension. All your other choices are very good.

Comment

I have the IDS + but will agree with aussie,save your money on that one mate, the AFL is a much better option to choose, or the 19s

Comment

Well it's done. After a 2 hour test drive and an excellent salesman she'll be flaming red with 18s, xenons, sports exhaust, climate control, IDS - plus & rear parking sensors.
                  I'm exhausted and the beloved is very quiet. I've got 12 weeks till delivery and I can't wait.
                  Still thinking about the 19s, but at an extra £500 with no improvement in performance feel I've got the correct configuration.
                  Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooom

Comment

12 weeks!
                    I ordered mine, 3 weeks ago and was told 8 week wait.

Comment

Originally posted by MoveOver
                      Still thinking about the 19s, but at an extra £500 with no improvement in performance feel I've got the correct configuration.
                      Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooom
                      The 19's will get you to 60 a fraction quicker IIRC
                      Otherwise a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X