Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the VXR front brake fit the rear ?

I'm considering to buy the AP racing big brake kit, since everyone seems to talk highly of it. However I just wanted to know if we are able to fit the front VXR brake to replace the rear ? The rear brake is very tiny and actually our front Brake is not that bad either.

Anyone know if this is possible ?
    Thanks

If you fit a more powerful brake at the back it'll just lock up.
    sigpic

Comment

Ummm what do you mean by lock-up ?
      Sorry I really have no clue regarding this matter :P

perhaps you meant that the brake will be too powerful that it will lockup both wheels during braking ?

Comment

it'll be like lanking the hand brake on mate, i wouldnt bother.

the rears only do around 15% of the cars braking so the standard ones are more than up to the job
        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

you will be missing the handbrake as this is built into the rear calliper..... consider using vectra vented rear brake set up?
          sigpic

Comment

Ah I see,
            well the reason I asked is that because I'm going to go for the AP racing big brake kit and thought 'cosmetic wise' it will be funny having a scary looking brake at the front and puny diameter disc brake at the back

Comment

Just get grooved rear brakes and it all looks fab. If I get chance will take a photo of mine and post as soon as possible.

I've got the AP fronts and Grooved rear discs and it looks cool, even with non grooved it doesn't look that out of place - in fact I think the larger fronts make it much clearer that they have been upgraded whilst not looking silly

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                Just get grooved rear brakes and it all looks fab. If I get chance will take a photo of mine and post as soon as possible.

I've got the AP fronts and Grooved rear discs and it looks cool, even with non grooved it doesn't look that out of place - in fact I think the larger fronts make it much clearer that they have been upgraded whilst not looking silly
                What grooved rears do u have & do they match the AP's exactly !!!

Pics would also be GR8 !!!

I am really fussy mind

Comment

Another thought as we are on the subject. What is the brake dust like on those AP's ???

:? :? :?

Comment

Just about to take photos, should have em up in next 20 minutes.

I've got the Courts 8 Groove rear discs, not as many grooves as the AP's but you would expect that, think it looks good that way. You'll see soon enough (just ignore the brake dust, have cleaned the wheels yet :wink: )

As for the coolers the fit just underneath the suspension arm and help to feed cool air onto the front discs as the rotate - not sure how much difference they make as I've had them on since day 1 with the AP's but every little helps in my eyes :wink:

Pics will be up as soon as my camera has charged, so not long

Comment

Forgive the quality, if I get a chance will do some better shots - hopefully one where you can see both discs in comparison but here is the front

and back

Comment

I've got the Courts 8 Groove rear discs, not as many grooves as the AP's but you would expect that, think it looks good that way. You'll see soon enough (just ignore the brake dust, have cleaned the wheels yet :wink: )
                        What about the brake dust ???

As original fitment ?
                        More dust ?
                        Less dust ?

:? :? :?

Comment

Meant to say not on previous message. That's my wheels dirty :wink:

As for brake dust the fronts obviously generate more now with the upgraded kit, slightly (and only slightly) more from back but not that much ( same effort as before to remove).

Comment

Nice pics, thanks for the info fellas

However regarding brake dusts, I rekcon it come from the brake pads. I remember on my 206 I replaced the pads with after market one (ferrodo i think) compared to the dealer's one the brake dusts has been reduced significantly.

Comment

The dust will increase with grooves as they are skimming the pad but your right the pads make a huge difference too :wink:

Anyhow hope it was all useful to you :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X