This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant wait

well tomorraw im off to VXRPC for some work done on car, i cant wait... is stage 3 as good as people say...... i dont think im going to sleep 2nyt....
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

You're going straight to a stage 3?! I'm SO jealous!!

Only kidding...well kind of!

Yep, the stage 3ers rave about it. I think stage 1 is a huge improvement over standard so I hate to think what a stage 3 is like!!

Enjoy your drive home tomorrow! :wink:

Comment

Re: cant wait

Originally posted by sandyVXR
      well tomorraw im off to VXRPC for some work done on car, i cant wait... is stage 3 as good as people say...... i dont think im going to sleep 2nyt....
      hi iam new to world of mods what do you get with stage 3 and how much dose it cost

Comment

its the miltek, new intercooler and a remap.

give you about 290ish (mines 297bhp) and 330ish torque... depends on your car and the tuner you go with.

Comment

Tremendous.

Comment

sorry forgot to mention the cost £2500 i think from standard... if you have a miltek or already at a stage it is reduced. Once you have a map they will be upgraded FOC each time you increase a stage so you just pay for the part.

Comment

how much more fuel dose use.do i have to tell the insurance if i put a milltex exhaust on and how much is it

thanks Ben

Comment

ive honestly hand on heart not noticed a change from standard to stage2 to stage 3. If anything in standard on the motorway it has increased.

Messing around (weekend fun) i get about 27-28mpg... doin the peak time work run on the motorway for 25miles i get 34-35mpg.

Comment

vxr xtc are they your vids on youtube on the rolling road

Comment

yes they are. the blue ones (red one is alex) i have the stage 2 and 3 ones on there.

Comment

well got back yesterday but was to busy to get on the net and post.

on the way down to vxrpc a bolt came out of a coupling on the intercooler pipe, so i ended up with no boost. good job i was five minutes away from vxrpc....lol

what can i say but a big thanks to tony and his Mechanic but can’t remember what his name is, for the Brilliant work that they did and the hospitality, and also for letting me drive the veccy 340....what a beast...

the drive home was crap because i was in the middle of the 40 mile delays on the m1.... but when i did get going i managed to average 36 - 37 mpg at about 75 - 80mph.. what an improvement and the ride is so much smoother, but what i have noticed is the with sports off the drive is alot less agressive and you have to push the go faster peddle more because of the tamer mapping but when u do push the sports hell is let loose.lol

so the low down on what i had done
                      RARB
                      sportline springs
                      cool running stat
                      plugs
                      blue hose kit
                      blue water hose kit
                      pre cat replacement pipe *
                      intercooler
                      remap

* had to put this on because of the increase in exhaust gas pressure, because im running with standard exhaust at the moment until the end of the month until he takes Delivery of some more miltex systems :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

dump valve will be fitted at the end of the month as well, so another trip down to vxrpc to get them fitted... cant wait..

so im not running stage 3 just yet kinda stage 2.5. lol so havent got a clue what bhp im pushing... but it sounds quite nice as it is when on boost.
                      now it sounds like a turbo'd car.

the smiles just get bigger

Comment

as u all know i had a problem on the way down with leaking boost. well ive found a pic of what the problem was.

as you can see i lost a bolt...lol

Comment

what an improvement and the ride is so much smoother, but what i have noticed is the with sports off the drive is alot less agressive and you have to push the go faster peddle more because of the tamer mapping but when u do push the sports hell is let loose.lol
                          As you get used to the map you'll find that there is still plenty of power in non sport mode. Keep ya foot down and let the engine rev from first and it flies off the line Still amazes me even now!

Glad your enjoying it though. Just imagine what it'll be like when you get the exhaust too!

...until the end of the month until he takes Delivery of some more miltex systems :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
                          :wink: :wink:

It's been released now so you can say the name!! I'm going to get a Remus system later in the year...can't wait! I've been at stage 1 for a year now so don't worry...I'm not jealous.... :wink:

Comment

i cant wait... counting the days down.then i'll be on full power........ and then the smiles will be even bigger....

Comment

i hate it wish i would have stayed standard NOT enjoy it sandy it's great mate
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X