This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonky Milltek

Seen a couple of Millteks now where the oval tailpipe is on the piss slightly. Now it know its alittle **** but it would drive me mad. Is there a knack to fitting these, or is it some of them just dont fit square ??

I don't know but mine is deffinately wonky

Comment

i know there was aproblem when they first came out,but the new ones it's just a case of adjustment.

Comment

Who could adjust it then?
        Baring in mind i already got it fitted by Vaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
          Who could adjust it then?
          Baring in mind i already got it fitted by Vaux.
          poss would mean atrip to thorneys then if there was a problem they could replace any bits ???????????

Comment

I've got one but for that sort of money I'd definitely want it straight as can be.....
            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Yeah thats my biggest gripe, at £1000 for a system i want it to fit straight and level. Some i have seen are perfect and sit as i want , others are miles out though !

Comment

No real knack just a bit of care how the system is assembled thats all. If anyone has a problem of course we can look at it FOC for you.

Comment

They are a little bit fiddley.

I fitted mine myself (Big thanks to John for supplying it :wink: )

It took a few alterations here and there of the angles of hangers etc on the car for it to line up, but being as im very fussy, it had to be right.

The only little problem i had was after a while it moved slightly, so i went to make some adjustment again, and the 2 x 10mm bolts that hold the rear tailpipe hanger to the body snapped - They are very soft metal and the studs just snapped off.

So i drilled a hole out in the hanger and ftted a 13mm nut, bolt and washer instead of 2 which holds it much better and gives a lot more adjustment for the tailpipe :wink:

I wouldnt go for any other exhaust system tho, even tho this new one that we arent quite aloud to talk about yet is dude to be released and is apparently the B*llocks, i wouldnt part with my Milltek anyday. :wink:

Worth every penny in my opinion. And when i was up at TMS having stage 3, my Dyno Run before the IC and Remap got 250bhp!! Pretty much Bang on what it should be with a Full Milltek
                  sigpic
                  My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Did the 10mm bolts used come with the kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                      No real knack just a bit of care how the system is assembled thats all. If anyone has a problem of course we can look at it FOC for you.
                      Does this count if i didn't buy the exhaust off of Thorney?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                        No offence meant but as TMS are the licensed distributors where else would you get one :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                          Did the 10mm bolts used come with the kit?
                          No, the 10mm bolts on studs and the hanger is on the car already
                          sigpic
                          My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                            Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                            No offence meant but as TMS are the licensed distributors where else would you get one :wink:
                            you can get them else where,no?

Comment

Hmmmm ok mixed reviews then. Seems its a little hit and miss really.

Comment

Working...
                              X