This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Counter

Does anybody elses rev needle wobble up and down at idle?

The engine note is fine and running smooth. The needle seems all over the place?

Wierd.

How much deviation is occuring

Comment

200 rpm ish i think. Not a whole notch anyway.

Comment

When hot or cold?

Comment

er hot. half way to peterborough i noticed. will check if it does it cold.

its not the engine anyway.

Comment

I'll check mine, I take it you don't hear any change in engine revs and it's just the needle 'bouncing'

Comment

yeah thats about the size of it.

Comment

Intruiging, as said I'll keep watch and let you know, although I don't think is anything to worry about, just tell Mel to stop jumping around in the car and that might help

Comment

yeah I will tell her to stop it. Silly woman :-)

Comment

Hmmm...maybe the needle is just excited to be in a VXR? I know I would be if I were a needle!

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                      Hmmm...maybe the needle is just excited to be in a VXR? I know I would be if I were a needle!

i like it

Comment

it happens cold, warm and hot

Comment

have you checked the instant consumption on the computer screen to see if the engine is sucking more fuel?

the engine note might be the same but you never know, i checked mine and there is no movement.

Comment

its a constant 0.1gals.

due in for a service soon so will add it to the list along with the dodgy cutout which stops me going through the BC either manuel or on the steering wheel and also the fan which doesnt click into place on feet/face setting.

Comment

You could put it into test mode and see how much is going through the injectors. Checked mine whilst driving round town a there's no movement normally, slight (as almost unnoticeable) bounce when the Aircon on, which leads to my question - do you have Climate and if so is it on? May explain it....?

Comment

Working...
                              X