X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash suddenly reset!?

Hi..

was driving down the road at about 30mph when suddenly all of the needles went to zero..then did the sweep to the top end (like when you start the car) and then returned to normal.

What the hell is that all about??? Has it happened to anyone else.

Had a similar thing happen to a 206 i owned, that used the CAN BUS system as well.

never had it happen or seen a thread on it... if you local to a garage pop in and ask for a tech2 as it may have left a faultcode which could be picked up.

Comment

will do that this weekend then....was scary stuff lol.

Comment

yeah I certainly would have been scared.

Hope it left a code so you can get it picked up and sorted.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but my Zafira did this to me the other day. Did you ever find out what caused it?

I'm going to book it in anyway, but I thought that a little bit of a heads up might help

Cheers

Dave
          sigpic

Comment

my burg did it a few times and took it to vx need a new start stop switch all work done under warrenty

Comment

I'm sure there's a software update for this now

Comment

Originally posted by dave.tam View Post
                Sorry to bring up an old thread, but my Zafira did this to me the other day. Did you ever find out what caused it?

I'm going to book it in anyway, but I thought that a little bit of a heads up might help

Cheers

Dave
                http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74473
                Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dave.tam View Post

Cheers

Dave
                  Thought yours is fairly new, Dave, I would have thought they would have correct that! mine hasn't done it, well, yet but would like to know the outcomes of this as my warranty runs out by the end of the month, .
                  Last edited by SilverSchoolBus; 4 January 2010, 08:12 PM.
                  Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Cheers people.

Mine is only 2 months old though. You would think that it should already have the new software

EDIT: God I'm a slow typer Yes Silver it's new.
                    sigpic

Comment

just read the other thread and its the IPC - Instrument Panel cluster needs a software update! well, I have had teo IPC replaced in the last 11 months, so, I would think it is already updated, thats my believe, lol. Lets go to the dealer, lol.
                      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Dave, if you enter the "hidden menu", i believe you can see the software version. It may not be the one of the IPC, but it would give you an idea how "old" the software is.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
                          Dave, if you enter the "hidden menu", i believe you can see the software version. It may not be the one of the IPC, but it would give you an idea how "old" the software is.
                          I would hope that it's the latest software, as I had to wait for it to be built, but like you said, a trip to the dealers should sort it
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X