This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake upgrades?

Since TMS stage 2 map I find the brakes struggle when enjoying B-Roads, thinking of an upgrade but certainly not paying out £1600 for the AP's. Dont get me wrong the brakes work and stop the car fine but I feel after 10 miles of B-Road fun although they still work well I feel an emergency stop would not happen due to the fading.

Has anybody tried Courtenay 16G Brake Discs?

I am thinking about

Courtenay 16G Brake Discs
    Courtenay Brake Ducts
    Goodridge Braided Hoses front and rear
    TMS supplied Pagid RS421 upgrade pads

What's your opinions?

upgrade the hoses, fluid and pads and see how you get on, that in itself should make a considerable difference as the standard caliper and disk aint to bad

Comment

yeah i feel the same way mate, but 1600 quid is loads, maybe someone like hi spec or brembo may develop some soon
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Just spoke with John at TMS, he tells me they are developing a brake upgrade package consisting of Pads, Fluid, Hoses.........

Not sure exactly what but it will be posted on his site very soon

I think I may wait and see what he has to offer.

Comment

Re: Brake upgrades?

Originally posted by Mr Mike
          Since TMS stage 2 map I find the brakes struggle when enjoying B-Roads, thinking of an upgrade but certainly not paying out £1600 for the AP's. Dont get me wrong the brakes work and stop the car fine but I feel after 10 miles of B-Road fun although they still work well I feel an emergency stop would not happen due to the fading.

Has anybody tried Courtenay 16G Brake Discs?

I am thinking about

Courtenay 16G Brake Discs
          Courtenay Brake Ducts
          Goodridge Braided Hoses front and rear
          TMS supplied Pagid RS421 upgrade pads

What's your opinions?
          just asking but if your getting all the other stuff from Coutenays then why not the pads as i know they do sell Pagid pads.

Does sound good
          Courtenay 16G Brake Discs about £125
          Courtenay Brake Ducts £17.50 the pair and work very very well. got them on mine and have mad a big difference even though the car is still std.

Comment

vxrdave, will them hi specs fit the astra vxr then, will any kit fit as long as the disc size is correct. What size discs etc is the biggest that will fit under the 19s? as i do know hi spec are good any link?

Comment

i like the look of the 888 set up, are they only available in red tho?

Comment

Called Courtaneys today and ordered brake ducts for £17 the pair, he told me they were initially developed for the police V6 vectra(i think that the corrct car) the police have to be able to stop 90 times to pass the test and most failed after 55-60 shots, with these ducts they were beyond 90. Never thought to ask what speed they tested from but if it almost doubles fade time it sounds like a very good idea to me. They simply clip on in less than few minutes so I will test this over weekend(if the post is quick enough) and let you know my findings.

Comment

work brill mate but the down side is loads more brake dust on your alloys

Comment

just took my dads merc out it has massive brakes what a boost in confidence with decent brakes

Comment

just emailed brembo out of curiosity, see wether they have a kit that will fit the astra vxr yet

Comment

Working...
                      X