This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remus system

anyone have any pictures of the tail pipe for said system and know how much they're gonna cost for the whole system.

Thanks

Check out VXR PCs web site for full details and prices...

www.vxrperformance.co.uk

Comment

im well behind lol, so what new ones are there soon to be, remus and janspeed, any more? i assume that all full systems will give around the same power increases 10-15 bhp
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
        im well behind lol, so what new ones are there soon to be, remus and janspeed, any more? i assume that all full systems will give around the same power increases 10-15 bhp
        Remus is expected to be slightly more at 20bhp but will obviously vary from car to car and rolling road to rolling road.

The good thing of course we us is that there are two Vauxhall approved systems available, the Milltek and the new Remus (aka The VXR Sports Exhaust).

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR

www.vxrperformance.co.uk
          Level 3 - Full VXR Sport Exhaust system, manufactured by Remus, ECU remapped with VXRacing/EDS software and the VXRacing front mounted intercooler kit. This package will take you car through the magic 300 bhp barrier!! It will also maintain your power in the hot summer months when you use you air conditioning.

£1950-00 inc vat and fitting

What an offer, incredible this !!!
          Is that full Remus with a sports cat also ???
          Even more incredible !!!

Comment

really! i thought 15bhp was crazy, lol, 20bhp from an exhaust system

Comment

Originally posted by Turbowayne
              Originally posted by IanVXR

www.vxrperformance.co.uk
              Level 3 - Full VXR Sport Exhaust system, manufactured by Remus, ECU remapped with VXRacing/EDS software and the VXRacing front mounted intercooler kit. This package will take you car through the magic 300 bhp barrier!! It will also maintain your power in the hot summer months when you use you air conditioning.

£1950-00 inc vat and fitting

What an offer, incredible this !!!
              Is that full Remus with a sports cat also ???
              Even more incredible !!!

Yes I believe so. The Remus is full exhaust replacement.

Taken from the technical info page:

The Remus manufactured Sports exhaust system for Astra VXR is constructed in four sections from high grade 70 mm stainless steel. With the system being 70 mm from turbo outlet to tail pipe tip this is only available as a complete replacement system, but will of course mount using the standard original equipment fixings.

The turbo outlet pipe has the pre-catalyst removed as per most Sport exhaust systems. The catalyst pipe is fitted with unidirectional expansion and vibration bellows together with a 100 cell Sport catalyst. The link pipe has the first in line silencer removed therefore improving exhaust gas flow.

The rear section contains the silencer box which produces a deep and sonorous sound, and with the high shine chromium tail pipe tip with embossed VXR logo ensuring the Tailpipe is as aesthetically enhancing as it is performance enhancing.

Comment

superb offers there, but what does the system tail pipe look like, there ius no pictures on the web site, it could be uguly as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by shadbor
                  superb offers there, but what does the system tail pipe look like, there ius no pictures on the web site, it could be uguly as hell?
                  Oh don't worry, it's great!

It's oval shaped like the Milltek but slightly smaller and also thicker rimmed.

I first saw the exhaust at that Castle Combe event (I work near by so popped over). I saw the Remus and the Milltek on Shane's (Aussie) car then went back to mine and the standard exhaust looks silly in that big hole!

I'll see if I can find out about pictures from Dougie or Tony. I don't know if they want to release official pictures or not.

Comment

*me deleted it*
                    sigpic

Comment

i think all after market systems will be there abouts the same in performance gains really, dont see how 20bhp can be attained with just exhaust system tho :?

Comment

Its 3 inch bore. More power gains but people say you could gain less talk than other exhausts. How true thet is i don't know.

Do they use a 100 cell sports cat aswell????

Comment

yeah thorney did milltek with 3" bore but lost mid range torque but gained bhp

Comment

There you go then

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
                              Its 3 inch bore. More power gains but people say you could gain less talk than other exhausts. How true thet is i don't know.

Do they use a 100 cell sports cat aswell????
                              They do use a 100, but you will need to rev pass the std 6500 redline to 6800 to get the full '20' bhp......no thanks :wink:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X