This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 month service

The car had it's 12 month service today. Two slight leaks were found, sump gasket and oil return pipe from turbo. Neither of which were in stock so have to book in again.
    Came back cleaned inside and out ( didn't get this with other cars in the past) Total cost of service £135 which included puncture repair.

Btw. Are they supposed to take your car for a spin. Had 3 miles added while it was with them.

Comment

Not a bad price that!!

Originally posted by VXR.frank
      Btw. Are they supposed to take your car for a spin. Had 3 miles added while it was with them.
      They should yes just to make sure everything is okay. 3 miles seems okay to me, that is probably their route they use to test cars. You can insist that they don't do any test drives if you are worried though...prefectly understandable!

Comment

Not so much worried about them driving the car, concerned about warming up and stopping engine too soon.

Comment

Had ours done on Wednesday at £140 but recall needed for spark plugs. Taking it Today (Friday) for that. Test drive is normal, but i said i only want the service manager or director taking it out, to which they fully understood and do as standard. Told him to use the sport button as it runs a stage 2, he came back and gave me the keys saying "i would loose my licence if it was mine", but smiled

Comment

Hey Mandy. They also need to replace the coil pack as well as the spark plugs. You might want to make sure that is the case.

Reasoning is that the wrong spark plugs were fitted at factory and can cause damage to the coil pack hence both need to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
              Hey Mandy. They also need to replace the coil pack as well as the spark plugs. You might want to make sure that is the case.

Reasoning is that the wrong spark plugs were fitted at factory and can cause damage to the coil pack hence both need to be replaced.
              And the coilpack isn't cheap
              sigpic

Comment

Will ask them about it. Lad who serviced it is an astra nutter, running a mk3 (fastest in country said the service manager) and he told me about the plugs, so if it needs doing he should tell me, i hope......

Comment

Is there a service indication on the display or dashboard when due ???

Usually based on when the ECU was fired up in the factory or mileage ???

:? :? :?

Comment

Yes there is, usually set to 19K miles or 10/11 months. Mine was coming up after 8.5 months due to 18.5K miles, now serviced and reset for another 19K miles :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                      Yes there is, usually set to 19K miles or 10/11 months. Mine was coming up after 8.5 months due to 18.5K miles, now serviced and reset for another 19K miles :wink:
                      Hmmmm ! mine shows no display & the car is 12 months old in a couple of weeks. Only 10k on the clock though.

Where will it say etc that service is due. I guess within the computer display ???

:? :? :?

Comment

I assumed the service schedule was 10k/1 year, but from this post its 20k/1 year ?

Comment

It comes up on the mileage display as INSP when ignition is first turned

Comment

Working...
                          X