This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black VXR

Hello everyone, how r u all? im just on for swopping my car ( VW golf GTTDI) and i have been looking at the astra VXR and i think i would like it in black but i cant find no pictures of 1 in black, Can any body help? ive tried google images but none on there. Ben

Ben, if I go to my dealer this weekend, I will take you a picture of one. There car has 19" wheels and does look a stunner.

Comment

here you go mate
      plenty on this site
      http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showth...?t=5024&page=8

Comment

thanx for pictures aussie and thanx for the reply catherine, it looks mint in black im very impressed. im not 100% wether the black or red looks best.
        When you order a new VXR from your dealer is the miltek exaust an optional extra or is it just a modification from miltek? i was just wondering whats the chances of picking a used car with this system already on it? thanx Ben

Comment

Ben
          Milltek is on the option list but if your selaer is unaware ask him to call Thorney Motorsport who are the distributors, 2 options available
          cat back, nice note and no actual performance gains, the word is it improves power delivery, and then the full turbo back system (i would recommend if you have the money) 15 - 18 bhp increase, very nice note and improved power delivery.

Comment

nice thanx for that, I know when ive read auto express, top gear etc they say that the only thing that lets the astra down is the prob of getting the power down on the tarmac, so from every one on here who has got first hand experience whats your verdict on this? do you think there is a prob with this? and does car handle ok when adding more power/torque?
            cos i went in a focus RS when they first came out and there only 212bhp or some thing like that and i felt that had a massive proberlem from wheel spin. Thanx Ben

Comment

I think it all depends on how you drive. Over the weekend test drive I had no probs putting the power down, expect for wet driving. The car gives loads of feed back and tells you whats going on, better than the Vectra. Have a read of the weekend drive I wrote. Its a good car, don't listen to all the press say. Also, as for torque steer, look how much it does steer in the Clarkson video, its Bxxxxer all, and also stays put once its moved. Also JC did only say the car was bonkers , not that it was a bad car and he WOULD have one, but would'nt buy one.
              My pennies worth!!!

Comment

i agree with Mark wet weather like any fwd car will come down to your driving, torquesteer, my wife has no complaints and enjoys putting her foot down of the mark, dont make any judgement from the press reports, drive it and make your own opinion, it has suprised many how well the car drives and handles
                myself i have the full Milltek and would higlly recommend it, very noticeable power increase , pitted mine just after having the milltek fitted against Thorneys then standard, i was in Thorneys and Neil was driving mine, he undercut me very easily pulling out of a round-about and pulled away increasing the gap between round-abouts in MK.

Comment

arr brilliant sounds good then do you all think the 0 - 62 time is a bout rite of 6.2secs but again like you said it all goes down to the driver, i know you shouldnt listen to the press but you do tend to a little bit, i will b best going to my local dealer (blakes at chesterfield) and see if they have one in for a test drive, I read on here about people borrowing one for a few hours or days. Do you have to pay for this service or does it all go down to how kind the dealer is at that time? thanx Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X