This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number plates - Fitting

Right then, got my new number plates from www.myshowplates.co.uk must say that they came really quick and are brilliant quality, also got the postage free for being part of a forum (if anyone else wants this offer PM me).

Anyway, I'm gonna have a go at fitting them tomorrow. 2 things I need to know.

1. How do I get the sticky stuff off the car that was on from the last plates? I have really struggled in the past, I want to get it all off this time though....

2. what is the best plan of attack for fitting the front plate? Does it need heating and bending?

Thanks

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

hey mate got my new plates from show plates and i cut the ends off to make them a bit shorter as you do and had to heat and bend the front one it was quite hard because they were that short

Comment

what did you heat it with?

Ta

Daz
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

I fitted new plates and stuck them on without bending, the rear obviously has no problem and stays on fine with the 3 strip double sided plate fixers from Autosave, the front i used 2 packets, i have 6 strips holding it. Three side by side as far out on each end of plate as possible, this reduces the angle as much cos the strips are thick. Done about 3k miles and never an issue, have to admit the is a fair bend on plate but the sticky things hold it fine.

Sure i heard people heating and bending ended up with plates splitting from backing and filling of dirt in a short period of time.

Comment

i guess if you poured hiot water over it , it would get very pliable and bend wont it ?????
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

i used a heat gun to bend mine just to take some of the stress off the sticky pads

Comment

Working...
            X