This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav and Can-Bus

Wondering if anyone can help! Popped into my local ICE shop to enquire about installing my kenwood indash dvd player, along with my cd changer, sat nav, amp and 2 subs. They've quoted me £270!?

This seemed a little excessive to me but they told me it was because i need a can-bus (or sounded similar to that!!) lead to connect the sat nav up which alone costed £100!

Is this correct or are they taken me for a mug?

yes the vxr has a canbus electrical system which is very touchy to any aftermarket electrical bits

Comment

U could prob get a CAN BUS lead for around £80 on ebay, but to me that price sounds about right, as you will need wiring etc

Comment

You need the canbus adapter so your sat nav can receieve speed info .....
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

the astra uses the same cambus as the bmw. i bought a bmw for about £30 last year and all works fine.you will need to buy a separate kenwood to vauxhall adapter to use you stork controls look around for prices.(don't buy the vauxhall arial adapter as bmw is cheaper and the same).

Comment

Ah superb! Where abouts did you source the bmw lead from?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
              the astra uses the same cambus as the bmw. i bought a bmw for about £30 last year and all works fine.you will need to buy a separate kenwood to vauxhall adapter to use you stork controls look around for prices.(don't buy the vauxhall arial adapter as bmw is cheaper and the same).
              Geee, a BMW for £30 quid and it all works, tee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
                Came from ICE in Bradford, West Yorks, and yes all works fine, I,ve just swaped the head unit again for a single din with DVD Screen, Phone kit needs slight mod doing as it reads the phone book still and makes/receives calls, just very quite. Need a variable resistor fitting between the phone output connections on can-bus, will put some pics on shortly.

(P.S, the quote from Mandy is my wife, i havn't had a sex change lol....)
                sigpic

Comment

Pic of new head unit, sorry its poor, used mobile phone to take.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X