X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whens dap developments starting

website says feb 2007 :?
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Why you going to cancle you booking with regal and go there instead?

Comment

yeah mate clever stuff. no just wanted to see what they were doing but never mind
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

was having a laugh mate

Pm Dave he still on here and he'll give you all you need

Comment

I think Dave said end of April...could be wrong though. Best to PM him although he isn't on here everyday.

Comment

it will officially be May, due to building delays and wonderful world of motorsport activities.

But I have to be honest and say VXRPC and their May Madness deals will be hard to beat so dont expect cheap VXR upgrades from DAP sorry.

Comment

Will you be doing a stage 3 then?
              sigpic

Comment

it will be avail for sure, but dap upgrades at this level will include chassis tweaks, (not just springs ) better brake pads, braided hoses etc, not just headline bhp figures I dont believe its wise to not change the chassis in some way, if you upgrade power by 50% then the chassis should recieve the same amount.

All ready im testing new suspension components, but a bit tricker that the average stuff.

Dap will be about one to one relationship with customer and car, so fine tuning and attention to detail is the aim Im not out for the mass market, the BIG boys can have that market !

Comment

Where is DAP Developments located??

Comment

Huddersfield

west yorks

Comment

Originally posted by davidof
                      it will be avail for sure, but dap upgrades at this level will include chassis tweaks, (not just springs ) better brake pads, braided hoses etc, not just headline bhp figures I dont believe its wise to not change the chassis in some way, if you upgrade power by 50% then the chassis should recieve the same amount.

All ready im testing new suspension components, but a bit tricker that the average stuff.

Dap will be about one to one relationship with customer and car, so fine tuning and attention to detail is the aim Im not out for the mass market, the BIG boys can have that market !
                      do you have to have the suspension/brake tweeks with a stage 3 tune?
                      i don`t think everybody will need it.

Comment

no you dont need to have it as such but what Dave is doing is a complete package, all round performance not just power & speed!
                        I would recommend it though.........

Want to know more about this diffuser Dave

Comment

Any further than a remap and exhaust , the owner should be looking at the whole car package, most people keep talking about chassis upgrades as some kind of fashion add on, to look good etc, how big and shiny the brakes are etc , for sure you dont need it if you drive at 50% of the car capability, but then why look at extra power, if you never use it to its full , waist of money really, car has to stop and handle too, but my experience with the VXR tells me after a hard cross country run the brakes are cooked and the suspension bushes after 1 trackday are stressed into a different shape .

A level 1 car with a tweaked chassis will be out in front of a stage 3 on a point to point challenge, better balance and composure.

But its only my experience that tells me this , and yes my DAP higher levels will incorporate the tweaks as standard but at a very competetive price.
                          Shane
                          Rear diffuser is in second tests unfortunatly we found the centre exit is messing things up so Im running a car with a side exit Exhaust !

Comment

this centre exhaust does make things a bit difficult, as for the side exhaust, no legal issues there?

Comment

I was gonna go for a side exit exhaust on a CTR if i got one (which i didn't)

Comment

Working...
                              X