X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortly to join the gang........

Hi all.

I first made a brief appearance on here to test-drive a Vectra VXR a few months ago. I did get to drive it, and enjoyed it, but for one reason or another, it didn`t happen at the time. I did promise to post my findings, but then the bl*ody computer went bang, and by the time I`d got everthing sorted, the topic had gone off the boil.

Anyway..........today I`ve driven an Astra VXR, and Jesus, Mary and Joseph; this thing is QUICK !!!!

I absolutely loved everything about the way it drives, and I couldn`t fault it on anything; power - handling - grip - turn in - braking............this car has it all.

I must admit, I`m a bit of a "serial car swapper", and I`ve had loads in the last few years, including most of the "usual suspects", ie CTR, Focus ST, Mk V Golf GTI, etc..., but the VXR takes the biscuit here, in combining the best points of them all, rolled into one car. Simply phenomenal.

Anyway, I`m just looking now to make the order with one of a couple of dealers who`ve been trying to sort me the best deal today, and once I have, I`ll be joining the fore.

I CAN`T BLO*DY WAIT !!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Friendly bunch on here then............
    sigpic

Comment

Here.... see if this brings it back to the top and encourages some of the more sociable when they come back from the pub

Comment

Sorry was refilling my glass!

A great purchase you won't regret. Welcome!

Comment

It is a quiet night on here tonight... think pub or BBQ

Welcome and it is a friendly site honestly.

Comment

Welcome aboard....
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Thanks for the replies peeps; although I did suspect that the lure of a Bank Holiday weekend, and associated "fluid intake" may prove more appealing than a night on the forum............ :P

I`ll hopefully come to an arrangement with one of the dealers tomorrow, but I`m STILL undecided on the colour choice.

Blue or silver; or it may just depend on the deal itself !

Cheers.
              sigpic

Comment

BLUE.... even tho the silver is rare in the VXR world

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                  BLUE.... even tho the silver is rare in the VXR world
                  Must admit, I`m leaning now toward the blue. I saw one today in the bright sunshine, and it looked amazing..........

I think if I did get the silver, I may be constantly looking at shiny blue ones, and kicking myself for not getting one of those instead. I`m not sure that I`d be feeling the opposite if I got the blue.

We`ll see............
                  sigpic

Comment

Mines blue!

It was Blue or Silver for me, went blue as its a VXR unique colour.

Yep, I'm a VXR snob, its official. Want the world to know whats about to overtake them!

Oh, and something you pick up quite quickly is the colour argument!

It's been around since day 1 and I'm sure will continue for many more...

Comment

Originally posted by vxrjay
                      Mines blue!

It was Blue or Silver for me, went blue as its a VXR unique colour.

Yep, I'm a VXR snob, its official. Want the world to know whats about to overtake them!
                      same thoughts as me when we were deciding. Also i hate VX red (fade problems) silver is too common among any car and black looks the dogs but marks to easy and is forever requiring a clean.

Comment

I px'd my wifes saphire black Corsa 1.8 SRi for the VXR so I knew how hard it was to keep it clean!

When it was clean, though, OMG. Stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by DexVX
                          Of course, you could always ask Alex C, Mark, Martin, VXRDave and Shane which tuner you should use?

PS Go Blue

Comment

Originally posted by R20 VXR
                            Of course, you could always ask Alex C, Mark, Martin, VXRDave and Shane which tuner you should use?

PS Go Blue
                            or not

Comment

Originally posted by R20 VXR

PS Go Blue

Hmm.............sounds like I should keep any tuning questions to myself for a while then. Thanks for that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X