This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megane F1 R26

Has anybody driven or been in one of these things, was wondering if there as good as every seems to say they are!

And no i didn't choose the wrong car, i still can't get my head around the rear end thing......but still......just wondered?

Re: Megane F1 R26

Originally posted by SMOKEQUEEN
    Has anybody driven or been in one of these things, was wondering if there as good as every seems to say they are!

And no i didn't choose the wrong car, i still can't get my head around the rear end thing......but still......just wondered?
    never driven 1 but absolutely caned 1 on m6 yesterday coming back down south
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

why dont that surprice me

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

well they did give it some the other month on here so sod em i will bring the challenge to them
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Re: Megane F1 R26

Originally posted by SMOKEQUEEN

Personally the only thing (imo) wrong with the R26 is that its French!
          Still not too keen on the back end either. but as far as good cars go it is very good to drive. Sorry but i have to say it.
          It handles really well. Not as fast as the Astra in a straight line, but it can really go round corners.

Comment

I love this back end :^o

Comment

Gotta say it loooks pretty good from that picture. Apart from the daft stickers. Wouldnt mind a test drive to see what it is like.

Comment

i just think it doesnt look sporty enough

Comment

Funny you talk about not liking the back end...

...I don't like the back end but the front end is even worse. I don't like anything about that car and would never buy one. And I also hate the Renault company because of F1.
                  sigpic

Comment

I test drove one and few weeks ago.
                    Very disappointed with it, the acceleration is very linear so although you are accelerating quickly it just doesn't feel like it. With the vxr when the turbo kicks in you get a nice big dollup of power that makes you grin.
                    For me, there was not a lot to grin about in the R26.
                    The dealer who came out with me, was very surprised with my reaction as he kept raving on about how great the car was, so I offered him the chance to take my vxr for a spin, which he accepted.
                    He was absolutely gob smacked at the performance and handling of the Astra, and off the record agreed that for day to day fun, the vxr was by far the better car.
                    Says it all.

Comment

Test driving a 230 this saturday, tried 5 vauxhall dealers near me today for a VXR drive and couldnt get one !!!

AC

Comment

Originally posted by alpha charlie
                        Test driving a 230 this saturday, tried 5 vauxhall dealers near me today for a VXR drive and couldnt get one !!!

AC
                        I also struggled with one vaux dealer they quoted me about 3 months before a test would be available, but Penagon Vauxhall booked me in straight away! Don't buy the R26 without testing a VXR first!

Comment

If you ring Thurlow Nunn in Great Yarmouth they have one in

Comment

Working...
                          X