This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the coilpack ??

can you tell me what is the coil pack ?and what are the symptoms when it need replacing ? I have herd some people talking about loss of power it certain gears :?

I don't actually know what the coil pack is exactly but a certain range of cars were affected by the wrong spark plugs being fitted at the factory. The wrong spark plugs would damage the coil pack so any cars affected would have the coil pack AND the spark plugs replaced.

I'm not sure exactly on the range but I believe it's something like 55-06 models. I have a 55 reg, one of the first, car and I had the problem. A quick call to your dealer with your VIN number and a check on their VXCare system will tell you whether your car is affected. If you have a new car then you shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

The coilpack is the igntion unit that feeds the spark plugs - it replaces HT leads.

The Fault with the recall actually refers to incorrect spark plugs fitted at factory, but a few have had the coilpack go down as a result of this
      sigpic
      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

used to be the distribution box on older motors, replaced by a coil pack for each plug. once a pack goes the plug fires badly. its also 'infectious' so once one coil and plug goes, it kinda passes it on, so the whole lot needs changing

Comment

we just had service done and recall for plugs.mentioned coil pack issue and they showed me the vxcare data sheet which says spark plugs only.i asked if coil pack goes faulty am i covered and they said yes you have a 3 year warranty. we had no problem with our car car before the recall.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRich
            used to be the distribution box on older motors, replaced by a coil pack for each plug. once a pack goes the plug fires badly. its also 'infectious' so once one coil and plug goes, it kinda passes it on, so the whole lot needs changing
            Actually the Coil packs on Vauxhalls are one complete unit which does all 4 spark plugs!

You are thinking of what the likes of VAG use, and some of the SAABs etc where you have a single coil pack unit for each plug.

This is what the Vauxhall ones are like

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
              Originally posted by VXRich
              Actually the Coil packs on Vauxhalls are one complete unit which does all 4 spark plugs!

You are thinking of what the likes of VAG use, and some of the SAABs etc where you have a single coil pack unit for each plug.

This is what the Vauxhall ones are like

They still made by BERU Daz?
              Had 2 go the coupe....not good :?
              sigpic

Comment

thanks for all your replys

Comment

Im not sure TBH Mark, been a while since i had any dealings with Vauxhalls, and the Saab's with Vx engines dont suffer.

The Saab engines suffer big time tho...so muc so that they released a recall for them
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X