This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding brakes after 8.5k?

Getting a grinding noise from my brakes, cars only done 8.5 k, cant need replacing after that kind of mileage can they?

Depends how hard youve been using the brakes but It might be a stone stuck between the pad/disc. When it comes to the brakes buddy - better get it checked ASAP.

Comment

Minde go

sqeeeeaaaaaaakkkkkkk

Comment

Vauxz are knowen for the breaks being squeeky im affraid! Its one of there "charecteristics"

P.S ignore the bad spelling i think you all know what i mean!

Comment

Re: Grinding brakes after 8.5k?

Originally posted by jame-one
          Getting a grinding noise from my brakes, cars only done 8.5 k, cant need replacing after that kind of mileage can they?
          I've done 27k so far and the brakes are still working fine no problems. Best get them checked though!

Comment

I have just over 8k as well, just had service and mine also grind. Vaux garage said brakes are fine, but due to low millage for 1 year old, they always look rusty, and that will be why they sound like they are grinding untill you have driven and braked a few miles, you will more than likely find you have the same problem

Comment

Car gets its 1st service at the end of may, now that you've said that Mandy i'll wait and see if the service guys pick anything up before i tell them they are grinding..

Comment

mine squeaked the other week when it hardly got used but now its being run everday again its fine
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X