X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken VXR

Hey boys and girls.
    I've just joined up to this site.

I've have had an ArdenBlue VXR on 19's for about 3 weeks now. I love the car but there is a major problem with it.

Two days ago i was cruising down the A1 when it broke down, basically the engine warning light came on and i came to a bit of an abrupt stop.
    Vauxhall assistance sent the AA who stripped it down a bit and then told me it's a very poorly VXR indeed.
    Basically when it was built some 'mechanic' has forgotten or not been arsed to tighten up the third spark plug which has resulted in it being fired out of the head at speed.
    On it's way out though it's stripped the head and left a bit hole in it, not good i'm thinking.

Anyone else heard of such a problem?

I'm trying it on for a new engine but think they'll only replace the head, i'm also gonna ring trading standards and see where i stand for demanding a new car seeing as it's so new and yet so broken!

Re: Broken VXR

Originally posted by stretchVXR
    Hey boys and girls.
    I've just joined up to this site.

I've have had an ArdenBlue VXR on 19's for about 3 weeks now. I love the car but there is a major problem with it.

Two days ago i was cruising down the A1 when it broke down, basically the engine warning light came on and i came to a bit of an abrupt stop.
    Vauxhall assistance sent the AA who stripped it down a bit and then told me it's a very poorly VXR indeed.
    Basically when it was built some 'mechanic' has forgotten or not been arsed to tighten up the third spark plug which has resulted in it being fired out of the head at speed.
    On it's way out though it's stripped the head and left a bit hole in it, not good i'm thinking.

Anyone else heard of such a problem?

I'm trying it on for a new engine but think they'll only replace the head, i'm also gonna ring trading standards and see where i stand for demanding a new car seeing as it's so new and yet so broken!
    How many miles had it done at the time of the incident?
    sigpic

Comment

it had done just over 1200 miles and is 3 weeks old.

Comment

A baptism of fire there mate.

Sorry your "relationship" with the great Astra VXR started off soo badly.

thing is I bet you had a smile on your face before it happened.

Welcome to the site and hope you get everything you can out of vauxhall.

Comment

sorry to read that stretch but please dont take any pony off vauxhall.
          cover ur **** and get the SMMT to negotiate with vauxhall for you or you'll be chasing around like a dog with 2 dicks mate
          they get instant results ... its amazing
          http://www.smmt.co.uk/home.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by troger.
            sorry to read that stretch but please dont take any pony off vauxhall.
            cover ur RRS and get the SMMT to negotiate with vauxhall for you or you'll be chasing around like a dog with 2 dicks mate
            they get instant results ... its amazing
            http://www.smmt.co.uk/home.cfm

Comment

sorry to hear about the bad news mate but welcome to the site , and it will soon be better again then you can have fun again anyway stay on the site and keep us informed on your outcome
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Bit of an update chaps, all be it not that good.

The dealership told me that they wouldn't replace the car with a new one, and went on to tell me that they were doing an excellent job because they were replacing all of the parts in my engine with new ones as opposed to fixing the old bits, AND giving me a free first service.

I dunno whether it's just me but this doesn't seem right so i've advised them that the only way that car is coming back to me is with a new engine, first service free and an extended 5 year warranty, or a new car. Am i being unreasonable? What would you lot do bearing in mind it's 4 weeks old and has covered 1200 miles and has already completely f*cked an engine.

I love the car as did my mates, now it's turned into the biggest laughing stock i've had the misfortune to spend money on!

Not happy as you may have gathered.

Comment

I may be wrong here but any goods that develop a major fault from new within the first six months is deemed under law to have been faulty from new and your are within your rigths to have it replaced with a brand new item. This applies to all goods whether it be a TV, computer or in your case a car.

Comment

Well i thought this so did a bit of digging, apparently the time deemed as reasonable depends on the fault, Trading Standards say between 4 - 6 weeks you can reject a car if you have reasonable grounds.
                    My problem is they're gonna fix it regardless of whether i want it or not.

I've basically told them if it's repaired then they may as well stick it on Network Q cos it won't be coming back to my house.
                    My main concern is that it will probably run ok when i get it back but i don't know if one day, probably out of warranty it will do something similar or worse as i result.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchVXR
                      Well i thought this so did a bit of digging, apparently the time deemed as reasonable depends on the fault, Trading Standards say between 4 - 6 weeks you can reject a car if you have reasonable grounds.
                      My problem is they're gonna fix it regardless of whether i want it or not.

I've basically told them if it's repaired then they may as well stick it on Network Q cos it won't be coming back to my house.
                      My main concern is that it will probably run ok when i get it back but i don't know if one day, probably out of warranty it will do something similar or worse as i result.
                      hi mate!
                      sorry to hear of your troubles
                      i would except nothing less than a brand new engine.

my mate bought a new alfa 147 from motor point and the engine went bang.
                      they(alfa dearship) patched his engine up and gave him the car back,2 weeks later the exact same thing happened!
                      even worse luck was that he went over his service date due to being in the army and put a brand new engine in and charged him £1500 for fiting it!!
                      he was told his waranty was`nt going to pay because he went over his service date,even though alfa admitted to botching the first atempt!

my mate is one of those people that bends over and takes it.
                      i`d of made sure i had at least a new engine at there cost!

Comment

Please please please call the SMMT
                        The Regulations and Compliance Unit.
                        The direct consumer advice line is 0870 751 8270
                        ask for Tristram. Tell him your story, they'll arbitrate and they'll get it sorted pronto or have the power to seriously spank vauxhall
                        My VXR engine was totally blown and had to be replaced. It was a nightmare dealing with vauxhall customer service. There are lots of pitfalls in the vauxhall hierachy so IMHO you need to get it done official and save yourself alot of heartache mate
                        The manager at vauxhall customer service centre is Ms Emma Marshall on 0845 090 2044
                        Good luck mate and i'm sure you will get it sorted
                        Please read up on the site for the SMMT New Car Code of Practise and it explains the customers legal rights on the website i mentioned in the previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by troger.
                          Please please please call the SMMT
                          The Regulations and Compliance Unit.
                          The direct consumer advice line is 0870 751 8270
                          ask for Tristram. Tell him your story, they'll arbitrate and they'll get it sorted pronto or have the power to seriously spank vauxhall
                          My VXR engine was totally blown and had to be replaced. It was a nightmare dealing with vauxhall customer service. There are lots of pitfalls in the vauxhall hierachy so IMHO you need to get it done official and save yourself alot of heartache mate
                          The manager at vauxhall customer service centre is Ms Emma Marshall on 0845 090 2044
                          Good luck mate and i'm sure you will get it sorted
                          Please read up on the site for the SMMT New Car Code of Practise and it explains the customers legal rights on the website i mentioned in the previous post.
                          This is good advice mate,it will be worth you making that call.......
                          sigpic
                          More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                          Click Here to.................
                          See My Wheels
                          See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X