X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAR LIGHTS

HAS ANYONES LIGHTS STARTED TO MIST UP AFTER IT RAINS

I have a sri sport hatch and that mists up after rain but clears, might mention it next shop visit

Comment

All the H model astras suffer from this problem.

Comment

i took a trip down to the vaux dealer and told him of the problem which he answerd with ( try puting your lights on for 15 min) by now red mist has formed and a few choice words was said and a threat of giving the car back
        they have now orderd a new set of rear lights.but if this is a common problem should there be a recall.

Comment

It is a common, long standing and well known problem with the astra H and the astra G.
          My astra coupe had 8 sets of new xeon headlamps fitted due to water ingress and eventually VX gave up and offered me a new car or money off a VXR!
          Hella who make the lights came clean and admitted its a problem with perspex lenses FULL STOP but assured me it was resolved on the astra H xeons ...mmmm.
          I normally find the rear lights on my VXR have demisted if I leave the car in the garage overnight but tbh I dont think they have a solution....not sure if other car manufacturers have this problem though...
          sigpic

Comment

Probably worth removing the bulb holders from the back of the lights...and letting the lens acclimatise for your part of the country...
            Remember they were assembled and sealed in a factory in europe .... probabably warmer than Britain in winter..

tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
            The truth is out there ...

Comment

My Astra GSi had Xenons and the right hand one kept misting up so I took the bulb cover off for a while and that cured it but it is still a bit of a design flaw and shouldn't really happen in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X