Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffer - What are the benefits and which to get?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffer - What are the benefits and which to get?

I want a machine buffer to polish the car....

What are the benefits of using these? Has anyone got one? Which should I get?

Cheers

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

hmm import is cheapest i think, but you must be careful with them as you can ruin the paintwork if used incorrectly
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

i saw a meguires one on ebay the other day, are they any good? It might just be a polisher I need..
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

send vxr marc a pm as he is the chap in the know

Comment

Benefits.....

I did mine today.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow hopefully
          sigpic

Comment

do they really work that well then, that looks good, nearest side that is.

Comment

They do indeed.

Girlfriends got my camera atm but I did a 50/50 shot with my door. Show you when she’s finished being the paparazzi
              sigpic

Comment

do they also remove slight scratches and swirls

Comment

just rem that you can easily cause swirls/damage to your paintwork if you dont fully know what you are doing or use the wrong products/pads... pm vxrmarc if anyone is unsure.

sorry i sound like mum but i dont want anyone damaging their paint when we have our own "detailer" on here to help out

Comment

if i just use for polishing, using megs polish it should be ok but im still scepyicle

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                      just rem that you can easily cause swirls/damage to your paintwork if you dont fully know what you are doing or use the wrong products/pads... pm vxrmarc if anyone is unsure.

sorry i sound like mum but i dont want anyone damaging their paint when we have our own "detailer" on here to help out
                      Well said.

If you cant get hold of marc go to: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/

Absolutely brilliant.

Anything you need to know, this place will have it.

Check out personal sales section too, always someone selling something you may want
                      sigpic

Comment

Steady on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,These things can cause alot of damage even if you are just using it as a buffer.......Mel is right, get Marc's advice first before you need a new paint job!
                        sigpic
                        More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                        Click Here to.................
                        See My Wheels
                        See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                          if i just use for polishing, using megs polish it should be ok but im still scepyicle
                          Don't be sceptical - machine polishing is the only way to give your car a 'professional' finish.

Porter Cable (google it!) make the most popular machine polisher - can't remember the part no. but it's a 'random orbital' polisher that will prevent you from inadvertently burning the paint on your car.

With the right products you'll be amazed at the finish that you'll get.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly
                            Steady on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,These things can cause alot of damage even if you are just using it as a buffer.......Mel is right, get Marc's advice first before you need a new paint job!
                            You make it sound like its sandpaper

It isn’t as easy as you may think to **** up your paintwork.

If you ignore all the "signs" ie smoke or perhaps your pad falling apart then yes you will do damage.

If you use a dual action polish as appose to rotary you will be ok. Rotaries are for the pros that know what they are doing ie Mark.

If you use a polishing pad with say...... megs #80 you'll be fine.
                            sigpic

Comment

Porter Cable 7424 (dual action polisher)

Another pic for ya!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X