This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance with Mods !!!

This is a strange one. A lot of forum users say that their insurance has only increased slightly with stage 2 & 3 modifications etc.

This confuses in that everywhere I try it is at least £200 extra for a stage 2 or 3 mod ??? & this is after trawling the internet quote sites.

& yes I have a full clean licence for donkey's years etc etc

:? :? :?

They are all different, and sometimes you getter better quotes if you call em up. I did also advise mine that the brakes were done so I don't know if that's taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
      They are all different, and sometimes you getter better quotes if you call em up. I did also advise mine that the brakes were done so I don't know if that's taken into consideration.
      Who was that with ???

Comment

I'm with Admiral and they charged an additional 140 for Standard to S3 with brakes.

Comment

also has a lot do to with the area postcode... where i live my postcode has basically zip car crime (RAF Base) so they base it on the likely hood of the extra mods increasing attention thus the chance of someone taking or damaging it or attempting to take it.

I was told my problem is the value of the car rather than my mods age or sex.

Comment

Stage 2 TMS, Liverpool Victoria and no additional charge because no new or replaced mechanical parts.

Just for reference as i have said many times before they do NOT charge for points unless you were baned cos of them, they dont seem to charge extra for anything really and they replaced my first car within 4 weeks with brand new replacement so they also do what they say they do very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mike
              Stage 2 TMS, Liverpool Victoria and no additional charge because no new or replaced mechanical parts.

Just for reference as i have said many times before they do NOT charge for points unless you were baned cos of them, they dont seem to charge extra for anything really and they replaced my first car within 4 weeks with brand new replacement so they also do what they say they do very well.
              Hmmmm just tried L&V on their website:

Standard car £426
              TMS stage 2 £696

Wowowowow, sure you are covered fully ???

"No new or replaced mechanical parts" ??? Your full Miltek

Comment

They just quoted me 2579.77 online

The other factor to remember is most companies may insure modified cars but won't cover the cost of redoing the modifications if the car is written off and a new one provided :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                  They just quoted me 2579.77 online

The other factor to remember is most companies may insure modified cars but won't cover the cost of redoing the modifications if the car is written off and a new one provided :wink:
                  Would not mind about that to be fair as long as the Insurance would not be void because of the mods etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbowayne

Standard car £426
                    TMS stage 2 £696

Is the exhaust a mechanical part, no moving parts on it that i know of lol

Not sure how that works then, they supplied the replacement car with the Factory order exhaust option so they cant come back to me to say i never told them, I called up only to change my insurance to cover what I described as a Remap....( i run the car for a year before stage 2 map only)

He asked if this was just a computer update?

Yes I said make the car smoother to drive and also ups the BHP.

Are there any mechanical parts changed or added?

No I said just a remap.

No additional cost he says

Are you calls recorded?

Yes he says for 5 years

Ok i said I will note the time and date of this call to ensure it cant be held against me later

No problem sir, is there anything else i can help with?

Take this anyway you want but im covered, maybe try phoning them, what did you say the mods were? Remember it is a Factory Order Option.

I was £400 full comp until I wrote off my first one and now pay £600.

Comment

Standard car £426
                      TMS stage 2 £696

Not sure how that works then, they supplied the replacement car with the Factory order exhaust option so they cant come back to me to say i never told them, I called up only to change my insurance to cover what I described as a Remap....( i run the car for a year before stage 2 map only)

No I said just a remap.

Are you calls recorded?

Yes he says for 5 years

Ok i said I will note the time and date of this call to ensure it cant be held against me later

Take this anyway you want but im covered, maybe try phoning them, what did you say the mods were? Remember it is a Factory Order Option.

Full Milltek isnt a factory option is it ??? only CAT back I thought ???

Anyway do not wish to make out that you are not careful or covered but tried immediately on the L&V website as soon as you told me and saw that premium hike by approx £270.

I guess the Milltek is a new mechanical part especially with a race cat !!!

Dunno really ???

Comment

Standard car £426
                        TMS stage 2 £696

No I said just a remap.

Are you calls recorded?

Yes he says for 5 years

Anyway do not wish to make out that you are not careful or covered but tried immediately on the L&V website as soon as you told me and saw that premium hike by approx £270.

Dunno really ???

full milltek is a factory option or dealer fit when the car is deliverd to them.

Comment

Basic car no mods £270 that'll do for me, it's plenty fast enough. Does the extra expense warrant the extra performance. With all the cameras and traffic police is it all worth it. This is where I get deluged with " YES IT IS" You know at the end of the day, we are not driving a supercar, it's an Astra, yes with a bit of attitude, but it's still an Astra!

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes

Standard car £426
                            TMS stage 2 £696

No I said just a remap.

Are you calls recorded?

Yes he says for 5 years

Dunno really ???

full milltek is a factory option or dealer fit when the car is deliverd to them.
                            Did not know that !!!
                            Always thought the cat back was the sports exhaust option, not the full Milltek ???

Hang on I must be correct ! I thought the vehicle had to have a precat fitted when supplied new ??? therefore cannot be a full Milltek !
                            Anyway it has to be declared whatever especially as the full exhaust has an increase in BHP.

Comment

I`m insured fine and Mel is a MOD

Comment

Working...
                              X