This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Filter

I want to know about which air filter works best??

On my corsa my fella fitted a K&N cone 587i (i think) filter, I asked him about putting on the Astra ad he said to check with u guys and ask what give the best results??

He said "a panel filter replacement maybe better than a Cone filter"

Any idea's what he going on about??? Would the K&N be alright??

What do u think??

Thanks
    Char

ow yeah the K&N was orignaly on his Honda Type R, thought u might need to know this

Comment

i have a panel filter in mine and it works very well, some people have installed cone kits but its not really advised on turbo cars as they can suck in a lot of hot air from inside the engine bay
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Dont bother with cone filter unless you want somthing like the viper or K&N apolo with there cold air feeds. I have just replaced the paper filter just remember which ever you choose dont over oil it.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

any recormendations on which filter??

Comment

I have courtenays one at £30 and think K&N do one, there a link on my signiture strip to courts web site.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
              I have courtenays one at £30 and think K&N do one, there a link on my signiture strip to courts web site.
              courtenays seem to have a well good web site

Comment

Heres a pic of my K'n'N Apollo.
                There's been alot of debate about whether induction kits mess up the air mass metre, but i've had mine on about 8 months and its fine
                Looks way better than the origional box too.

Comment

I've always had turbo charged cars, and have always put a big cone filter on more or less straight away, the VXR no was acception.

Call me sad, i just like the sound of the whooshing air on lift off and the induction noise.

My K&N 57i sounds great on the VXR, looks good and i havn't noticed any power loss, although only had the car through the winter so far.

Well worth £80 i my opinion.

Comment

Yeah i think the sound alone is worth the money

Comment

Cone filters are a NO No.....any tuner will tell you that they just suffer from heat soak and all you are doing is sucking in the hot air from the engine bay = pointless.

Either a panel filter, or an enclosed filter is the way to go

Heres a pic of mine

sigpic
                      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Your intake pipe is hoooooooge

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                          Cone filters are a NO No.....any tuner will tell you that they just suffer from heat soak and all you are doing is sucking in the hot air from the engine bay = pointless.

Either a panel filter, or an enclosed filter is the way to go

Heres a pic of mine

That TMS pipework looks crooked compared to the CS set up !!! if detailing is your thing ! Why that strange angle and sensor placement anyway ???

:? :? :?

Comment

i have a panel filter still , like the look of the viper and apollo but dont like the air feeds doesnt look as tidy as the standard and i think the standard box fills the car better, even with an enclosed one, it looks bit empty that side :?
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

I could put the standard box back on and paint it blue

Comment

Working...
                              X