This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had my stage 3 upgrade done

Been to Thorney today for my stage 3 upgrade and 1st service, cars feeling good. feels alot smoother in acceleration and alot less restricted and ofcourse quicker. It measured 283.9bhp, apparently one of highest they had seen chuffed

nice one mate, now you just have to enjoy it and you will.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Re: Just had my stage 3 upgrade done

Originally posted by Biccy
      Been to Thorney today for my stage 3 upgrade and 1st service, cars feeling good. feels alot smoother in acceleration and alot less restricted and ofcourse quicker. It measured 283.9bhp, apparently one of highest they had seen chuffed
      Good...that means you beat Martin :wink:

What was your Wheel bhp?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
        Good...that means you beat Martin :wink:

What was your Wheel bhp?
        Not Sure actually, will ask tomorrow as i need to speak to em, an ill let ya know

Comment

That's great, a long day but worth it.

enjoy :P
          sigpic

Comment

How much did the service cost?
            I need to have mine done soon

Comment

Well done mate, I hope you enjoy it.

I have to ask though. I thought the Stage 3 gave more like 290-300bhp.
              Just my brothers TMS Stage 2 ran 277bhp, I thought there would be larger gains for an additional £700. :?
              sigpic
              Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
              TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR
                Well done mate, I hope you enjoy it.

I have to ask though. I thought the Stage 3 gave more like 290-300bhp.
                Just my brothers TMS Stage 2 ran 277bhp, I thought there would be larger gains for an additional £700. :?
                Loads more to the stage 3 than a peak figure though, really improves the power in the midrange and gives a nice addition to the torque. Think i gained around 12bhp top figure but no cars are identical.

Comment

Was that the lower FMIC ???

:? :? :?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbowayne

why are you confused ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                      Originally posted by Turbowayne

why are you confused ?
                      I know m4rtc has had his stage 3 upgrade but not sure if the TMS set up is now only the lower FMIC or an upgraded more normally placed jobbie ??? Think they had 2 options initially ???

The power gains I guess would be slightly different also !

Comment

they still do have the 2 options
                        the difference on the dyno between the 2 ic's have been mainly in torque rather than bhp, i think you will find the lower front mount would more come into its own runninga larger turbo with greater increase in boost

as for the peak powergains, i found wheelbhp remains muchly the same from different dyno runs i had where as i have found the flywheel figures to differ greatly from one dyno to the next, 280 odd bhp through to 297 at the flywheel. In comparison to a standard VXR, tested that one and it sloughters it

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                          they still do have the 2 options
                          the difference on the dyno between the 2 ic's have been mainly in torque rather than bhp, i think you will find the lower front mount would more come into its own runninga larger turbo with greater increase in boost

as for the peak powergains, i found wheelbhp remains muchly the same from different dyno runs i had where as i have found the flywheel figures to differ greatly from one dyno to the next, 280 odd bhp through to 297 at the flywheel. In comparison to a standard VXR, tested that one and it sloughters it
                          Cheers 4 that clarification Aussie.

Comment

I have the first one, as does BLACKVXR and M4RTC Its the upper FMIC
                            sigpic
                            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                              I have the first one, as does BLACKVXR and M4RTC Its the upper FMIC
                              We do.... and get a buzz everytime I get in the car, so addictive to drive now.....the mid range torque is warp-like
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X