This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glovebox aircon??

Has anyone fitted the little device to get the aircon working in the glovebox??

Can anyone tell me how to do this?? :?
    DAP Stage 2 + extra's
    Don't yer neighbors love the sound of a Remus in the morning.....

Re: Glovebox aircon??

Originally posted by Howell
    Has anyone fitted the little device to get the aircon working in the glovebox??

Can anyone tell me how to do this?? :?
    I remember seeing something on www.astra-sri.co.uk, do a search there?
    Its quite straightforward I think
    sigpic

Comment

Simple job, you need part number 13115964 £1.27 + Vat, right hand side of glove box you will find a small hole, remove rubber cap from inside this hole (i used long nose pliers), clip new air guide in to hole, Job Done.

Pete

Comment

Right I have the part 13115964 and when I came to fit it there is nothing for it to connect to in the hole??

I removed my glovebox and found an oval hole with a plug in it where a pipe is meant to connect to from my heater/aircon to the new part that i bought from the dealer.

Does anyone have the part number for this tube???

Cheers. :P
        DAP Stage 2 + extra's

Comment

As far as I am aware there is nothing to connect the part you have bought to the hole in the glovebox.

By removing the rubber cap you have literally just unblocked a tube - by fitting the glovebox 'switch' (the bit you have bought), it just allows air coming from the pipe you unblocked into the glovebox (or not, if you have the switch in the closed position).

It ain't the most technical of designs!

Andy

Comment

I tend to dissagree as there is a part for something to clip in place to connect to the back of the open/close switch.

Surely they wouldn't just blow cold air to the back of the dash hoping it will make it through that small hole into the glovbox???

DAP Stage 2 + extra's

Comment

Im thinking of doing this so I had a look in the car the other day and came to the same conclusion as you... There should be a rubber tube of some sort coming from the air supply which connects it up!!! There was on my other car.

Comment

DAP Stage 2 + extra's

Comment

No pipe, just the glovebox slider

Cheap and nasty i know, personally i dont see the point of an aircon glovebox in the first place

Comment

Did that not come on VXR's?? as mine does have the slider in it and when i got the car it was only 4 months old.

Comment

Working...
                    X