This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The longest wait.............

Having now ordered my Astra VXR, I`ve learned today that it`s going to be the end of the month before I can collect it.

The wait is hard to bear, but I can imagine that some of you had to wait for MUCH longer; especially when they`d only just been launched.

How the hell did you cope ?????????
    sigpic

oredered mine 4 weeks ago, and rang up for an estimated date and they said 14th of May

another month for me too

Comment

I was lucky i went in to inquire about one and there was a Arden blue one sat in the show room, the deal was done and 3 days later i am driving away in it

Comment

I waited 9 months for mine, ordered it when i was working for Vauxhall, and as soon as the order books were open :?
        sigpic
        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue
          oredered mine 4 weeks ago, and rang up for an estimated date and they said 14th of May

another month for me too

I`m determined not to let that happen with me, although I appreciate that sayng and doing are two different things.

When I went in to order one, I was told that it could be the end of the month, although they would see what was "in the system", so it could be sooner. Although I realise that they may have been giving me a line, you can only go off what you are told.

Anyway, I`m off to New York to get married (2nd time around) a week on Saturday, and I arrive back on the 26th. If it`s not in by then, I will probably want to cancel with them, and go with someone who can definitely provide one immediately.

In one way it`s a good thing, as, if they limit supply somewhat, it can only help the residuals of the car, but it cheeses you off a bit if the bloody summer`s over by the time you get it................

As things stand, I`m now going to sit in a corner, chanting " I must be not be impatient, I must not be impatient, I must n..............

sigpic

Comment

say to them you have found someone else that can deliver quicker and tell them you want to cancel bet you find you get it quicker. It worked for me.
            sigpic
            stage 2

Comment

Ordered as soon as order books opened 8.5 months to finally get it then on week 5 landed it in a field cos farmer left excessively deep mud on a corner. Then waited while they decided to write it off or repair, that was a nightmare after all the waiting then within 4 weeks i was driving my new one.

I sulk when it goes to the dealers for half a day never mind waiting a whole day let alone a week.

Comment

2 weeks was long enough for me

Comment

I waited 4 weeks for a new one, 2 of which i was on holiday, i flew back and picked the car up the next day...perfect!

Vauxhall had pre - ordered mine for the showroom so some of the waiting had already been done before i ordered mine.

Comment

Originally posted by beerbellymike
                    say to them you have found someone else that can deliver quicker and tell them you want to cancel bet you find you get it quicker. It worked for me.

Thanks for that Mike. I may try that one if there`s nothing forth-coming by the end of the month.
                    sigpic

Comment

i waited 3 and a bit months but seems so long ago now
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X