This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not happy

came home last night and defo ran something over, its cracked my front left lower spoiler corner clean off, waiting on 3 quotes for it to be sorted, as my excess is 900 i hope its not too high
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

That sucks ***

Hope you get it sorted
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that when you say ran something over as in a animal

Comment

lol yeah looked like a cat maybe a fox, but could be a phesant didnt stop and it was very quick

Comment

gonna be about 350-400 if you do bodyshop... the part costs £100 then rest is paint and labour....

I know coz I've done it

Comment

really, the part is 100 quid is it? i have 3 quotes to come hopefully by tomoro lost my chrome fog ring and plastic surround bit too

Comment

gutted for you mate
              i hope it was`nt a small child

Comment

yes i had to replace mine last year when a pheasant decided to play chicken

Comment

god bless my grandad he is gonna foot the bill, bless him so no insurance claim, it must have been a pheasant as found feathers under bumper lol

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                    god bless my grandad he is gonna foot the bill, bless him so no insurance claim, it must have been a pheasant as found feathers under bumper lol
                    bless him... i had bits all under mine... not nice

Comment

could not believe a phesant could do so much damage, but i hit it at 60mph so i suppose it would

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                        could not believe a phesant could do so much damage, but i hit it at 60mph so i suppose it would
                        mine was 70mph on the a1, didnt even have time to brake or swerve, just ran from the edge straight into me

Comment

**** mate sorry to hear that, make sure you take it to a reputable place. At least the part is only £100 it would be a lot worse I suppose.
                          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

yeah hopefully will get away with just replacing the lower bib bit may have to be bolted from underneath, not visible as a clip from main bumper i think had been broken but im sure it will be right as rain before too soon

Comment

Just have a look at the other side to work out how its fixed on.

I wouldn't bother with an insurance claim, especially with a £900 excess.

I'd order the part and talk to some of the mobile touch up services, they can colour match the new part to the car, leaving you just to bolt it all back together.

hope you get it sorted soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X