This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR

People as you can see i am new to the site and was after some information from you VXR Owners.

For 2 months now i have been looking for a VXR the wright one hasnt come up yet but i was wondering what yours average MPG in the astra VXR.

Also which one would you choose, Astra VXR or Astra 888 i am unsure and need some perswading....

Cheers
    MiniVin

The 888's the diesel isnt it...

Ive just swapped a tuned Fabia vRS (TDI), which was quick and fun, but in comparison the VXR is very fast and extremely good fun. Worth it over the decrease in mpg imo...

You'll get bored of a diesel, I did.

Comment

How often do you fill up? I have 17k burning a hole in my bank i Need a car. need to get rid of my 1.8 8v cav

Please dont take the mick lol

Comment

You should average 26 to 32 ish

That is good for a 2.0 Turbo!

I've got to say i'm impressed with the mpg. (remember this is a quick car)

Comment

How many miles per tank, just wondering if i would be able to go over 200 miles per tank

Comment

I used to get between 340-360 on a tank motorway driving which I was happy with. Different when you bang your toe down though...

Comment

Originally posted by minivin
              How many miles per tank, just wondering if i would be able to go over 200 miles per tank
              easy unless you lived with your foot flat to the floor or done all urban driving in heavy traffic. my week run is mainly motorway and i get 300-350 easy

Comment

Sweet cheers Guys/Girls as soon as i get my hands on my car i will post some pictures.

Whats colour you people got, i am going to go Red or Blue...... Depending on which car turns up first.

Also whats this about tuneing it up to 300BHP, true or false?

Comment

The other end of the scale £25 vpower gone in less than an hour easy!

Hey but that is very very good fun and bloody scary

Comment

lol you must of been booting the car everywhere?

CRAZY

Comment

I usually get 29-34 mpg and on a Motorway trip its about 35-36 mpg. As for the VXR or 888 you`d be better trying to get a drive in them and see what YOU prefer (cant say ive seen many 888`s about though) whatever you choose YOU WILL BE HAPPY. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by minivin
                        Sweet cheers Guys/Girls as soon as i get my hands on my car i will post some pictures.

Whats colour you people got, i am going to go Red or Blue...... Depending on which car turns up first.

Also whats this about tuneing it up to 300BHP, true or false?
                        go for blue

Im currently running 297bhp... stage 3, means new exhaust, intercooler and remap, had 285 on stage 2 which was exhaust and map

Comment

How much for stage one and what are the gains.

Theres one on ebay with stage 1 they are saying its 270 on sport button not to sure weather to believe that what you think.

Either way i cant wait been looking for ages now!

I JUST WANT TO BUY!

Comment

thats realistic to have 270 on a stage1, stage 1 would have cost £500-550 depending on tuner for a new remap (ecu program)

it really depends on the map you have but for me standard mode the power delivery is smooth compared to the more aggressive way it was before (factory) it also have slightly better consumption aswell. In sports you will have more power, it will be more responsive and the throttle more sensitive. It becomes alot wilder and the smile increases

Comment

hi and welcome think you would be happy with the fuel milege on the vxr
                              before i bought mine i asked a few of my mates who had 2 litre turbos what they where spending on fuel and they all told me a would be looking at 40-50 pound a week the car i had at the time was a mk4 astra sri costing me 25-30 pound a week and getting about 150 miles a week. now that i have a vxr you would think that im spending a lot more but im spending the sameabout 30 pound a week and getting about 120 -130 miles my mates cant believe it :P

Comment

Working...
                              X