Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What Figures Are Peeps with Stage 3 running at?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Figures Are Peeps with Stage 3 running at?

my dyno read 283.9 bhp

304 lb/ft of torque

297bhp, 330nm torque

Comment

hi vxr, where did ya hav that done? is that measured at wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Biccy
        hi VXR, where did ya hav that done? is that measured at wheel?
        havent got a clue about wheel, it was the courts rollers. The remap is VXRPC. It was done in Jan this year. My stage 2 was tested on 2 occasions both at 285bhp on the courts rollers.

Comment

I`m not sure what courts take the figure from? Me and Mel (VXR) need to find out tho....

Comment

2 dyno results obtained on the same day

flywheel 297bhp & 327lb/ft of torque on Superchip dyno
            flywheel 280bhp & 300lb/ft of torque on TMS dyno

both gave around 240bhp at the wheels

who's up for another round

Comment

Prefere:

Comment

ok your shout mate

Comment

my stage 2 was tested dec and then again in jan before the upgrade to stage 3... same time exact the same.

Will have to phone Jon and find out where the bhp is from.

Comment

There's quite a substantial difference between those two dyno's Aus
                    Mine was on the TMS one only

Comment

flywheel figure is a calculation based on variables that the dynos computer works out, a true flywheel figure can only be obtained with the engine on a bench dyno as per manufacturors figures quoted, now you can see anywhere between 15-25% transmission loss being used from a wheel or hub dyno to dyno and some operators manualy add in lowered inlet temps that where found out on the road etc which can alter a flywheel figure, the flywheel figures is calculated from the wheel figure obtained, so the reason for the differences from one dyno to the next and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on it goes until it does your head in

Comment

So the figure i was given on my TMS print out, would that have been at the fly?

Im not that knowledgable with all this, so forgive me if i seem stupid, but i thought it was other way round, i thought that u could only really measure the wheel, and the fly speed was calculated?

Edited;- just realised u just explained that

So figure i was given was a calculated fly figure? how does that work out at the wheel? (what would wheel bhp be?)

Comment

not at all mate, trying to understand how the flywheel figure is obtained will only end you up in a psych hospital on a coctail on meds
                          what you have is at the flywheel which is the calculated figure

based on ours yours would also be in the region of 240 odd at the wheels, like i say you will see anywhere between 15-25% given for transmission/ ancillaries loss added to the wheel figure to give you flywheel from dyno to dyno,

I need a triple vodka now

Comment

Sorry Aus just realised what u meant.
                            What would u calculate the wheel bhp to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Biccy
                              Sorry Aus just realised what u meant.
                              What would u calculate the wheel bhp to be?
                              Hi Biccy.

I don't believe the wheel figure can be calculated from the flywheel figure unless you know how the specific dyno used calculates it and what other factors it took into account at the time it made the calculation.

(Can I have vodka bottle now Shane! )

Did you only get one print out from TMS? If so then contact TMS as I believe the graphs would be all kept on the computer so John should be able to tell you what the wheel figure was. As Shane said though it was probably 240bhp like theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X